Motivational Quotes #2,251-2,300

(2,251)At any rate, that is happiness. To be dissolved into something complete and great.
"My Antonia" by Willa Cather

(2,252)She wasn't doing any thing that I could see, except standing there leaning on the balcony railing, holding the universe together.
"A Girl I Knew" by J.D. Salinger

(2,253)He stepped down, trying not to look long at her, as if she were the sun. Yet he saw her, like the sun, even without looking.
"Anna Karenina" by Leo Tolstoy

(2,254)And now that you don't have to be perfect, you can be good.
"East of Eden" by John Steinbeck

(2,255)It might be that to surrender to happiness was to accept defeat, but it was a defeat better than many victories.
"Of Human Bondage" by W. Somerset Maugham

(2,256)There is a sense in which we are all each other's consequences.
"All the Little Live Things" by Wallace Stegner

(2,257)Once upon a time there was a boy who loved a girl, and her laughter was a question who wanted to spend his whole life answering.
"The History of Love" by Nicole Krauss

(2,258)In spite of everything, I still believe people are really good at heart.
"The Diary of Anne Frank" by Anne Frank

(2,259)The pieces I am, she gather them and gave them back to me in all the right order.
"Beloved" by Toni Morrison

(2,260)She was becoming herself and daily casting aside that fictitious self which we assume like a garment with which to appear before the world.
"The Awakening" by Kate Chopin

(2,261)We cross our bridges as we come to them and burn them behind us, with nothing to show for our progress except a memory of the smell of smoke, and the presumption that once our eyes watered.
"Rosencratz and Guildenstern Are Dead" by Tom Stoppard

(2,262)Everybody is identical in their secret unspoken belief that way deep down they are different from everyone else.
"Infinite Jest" by David Foster Wallace

(2,263)Two people in love, alone, isolated from the world, that's beautiful.
"The Unbearable Lightness of Being: A Novel" by Milan Kundera

(2,264)Deep feelings always mean more than they are conscious of saying.
"The Myth of Sisyphus and Other Essays" by Albert Camus

(2,265)Joy was as fleeting as a shooting star that crossed the evening sky, ready to blink out at any moment.
"Safe Haven" by Nicholas Sparks

(2,266)It was strange the way he loved her; a side long and almost casual love, as if loving her were simply a matter of course, too natural to mention.
"The Art of Fielding" by Chad Harbach

(2,267)Eternity is not an everlasting flux of time, but time is a short parenthesis in a long period, and eternity had been the same as it is, though time had never been.
"The Complete English Poems" by John Donne

(2,268)Your strength is just an accident arising from the weakness of others.
"Heart of Darkness" by Joseph Conrad

(2,269)Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before.
"Edgar Allen Poe: Completr Tales and Poems" by Edgar Allen Poe