I'm Not Deaf {3}

I looked up to see Mr McKinley glaring at me. This was the first moment that I got a good look of his face. His smooth baby like face was a strange comparison to his cold personality. His strong defined jaw outlined his face giving him a mature look. And his thick eyebrows made his face look as if it was sculpted by the Gods. 

I looked away as his hard brown eyes glared at me.

Jeez could this guy be ruder? His gaze traveled down my face to the clothes I wore and a disapproving frown set on his face.

"I'm sorry to say it but Ms Suren but you just don't have the qualifications that I need for a PA"

"What? Why? Please sir. You haven't even looked at my qualifications. I have a degree in business. I was recomm..."

"Stop. I don't care about your degree or recommendations. Your not the one. Now please get out and leave before I call security. "

No! I couldn't lose this job. Nor could I lose this opportunity that I got. He didn't even look at my credentials. He just assumed I was no good for the job because of my clothes.

"Mr. McKinley please! I really need this job. I will work for half the pay. Please. I really need this job"

"I am not deaf Ms. Suren you don't have to keep repeating how you need a job."

Looking into the cold eyes of Mr McKinley, I silently sent a prayer hoping that he would be a good Samaritan and give me the job. Mr McKinley dropped his pen and rubbed his fingers across his eyes. This movement dissolved his cold personality and made me see just how tired and exhausted he is.

"I'm not giving you the job but I will give you the chance. If you choose to say yes then you will work for two weeks with no pay as training. And if after the two weeks I feel as though you are fit to be my personal assistant then I will hire you for the job"

My mouth dropped open in shock and I quickly had to close it back up before he mistook my action as a sign of ungratefulness. My subconscious rose up with questions like if I could go two weeks without pay? Could I go that long? I needed this job because of my money situation. But it was only two weeks and after the two weeks I would get the job.

Mr McKinley looked at me and waited for a response but I just couldn't make up my mind. My subconscious was telling me different things.

"Give me an answer Ms Suren because you are wasting my time" Mr McKinley said as he tapped his pen away.

"Yes I will take it" I muttered

"Alright good. Rule 1: Be here on time. I absolutely hate waiting. Rule 2: You are my Personal Assistant so you assist me in anything that I need immediately with no questions asked. Rule 3: I don't tolerate stupidity or sarcasm. I want a straight forward answer at all times not an opinion. And Rule 4 is to follow Rule 1, 2, &3. Simple enough?"

"Umm..yes of course sir" I stuttered back to him

He looked at me with a small smile, "You know, you don't have to be so nervous all the time"

This man is so confusing. He was just glaring at me a second ago now he's smiling. Maybe he's crazy. But judging by the tailored suit he was wearing I knew that a crazy man couldn't afford it.

Clearing his throat Mr McKinley returned to his business mode, "You will work 4 hours a day, five days a week, for 2 weeks. I expect you to be here by 9am sharp and you will be dismissed around 1pm but if I feel the need to dismiss you earlier or keep you later I may. Incase your brain was not capable enough of remembering what I said before, you will not be paid for this. Any questions?"

"No sir."

"Good. Goodbye Ms Suren and I expect you to be here on time tomorrow morning for your first day." As he said it he returned back to scribbling in his notebook and shuffling between papers. His phone rang on the table loudly. he cursed but the ended the call.

"Okay sir." I slung my bag on my shoulder and made the walk to the big doors. I still took the steps slow so I wouldn't fall.

"Ms Suren" I turned around to see my future boss still not paying any attention to me. If it wasn't for the fact that we made eye contact the second before he looked away I would have thought I was hearing things.

"Yes sir?" I responded. I could do this. Just say yes sir and no sir.

"Don't forget my rules." Mr McKinley said as he continued writing down on his paper. Standing from this view the light reflected on Mr McKinley hair and it cast a shadow on his eyes which showed all the bags that he has. When was the last time he got some sleep?

"That will be all Ms Suren. You can leave now." Interrupted from my thoughts I turned around and grabbed the handles of the door pushing it open to the hallway.