Skinny Love {65}

"Where are my parents!?" I screamed at the nurse in front of me.

"Sweetheart I don't know. I need you to check the board."

"I have checked the board. I checked it three times already!"

She gave me a sympathetic smile as I glared at her. My babysitter tried to make me calm down but I couldn't! I pushed her out of my way and ran towards the board. Maybe I missed something.

There were pictures of people who I didn't recognize. I cringed since some bodies were missing limbs. I looked all over the board and felt tears rolling down my face since I couldn't find them.

I saw a doctor come out and I ran towards him, "My parents! Where are they?!"

The doctor crouched slightly and asked me, "What are their names"

"Thier names are Michelle and Martin Suren. They call themselves M&Ms. You know like the candy?" I was scared. This man in a lab coat was holding the life of my parents in his hands.

He sighed and said, "Sweetheart let's sit down"

I followed him onto a seat and glared daggers at the people who tried to pull him aside. I'm talking to him and they are going to have to wait.

"You're parents were one of the first people that I treated" he raised his arm and a lady in a suit walked towards us.
I ignored her as he continued, "Your father, Martin came into the ER in a very critical state. We could barely get a pulse from him and his heart rate slowed down. He stopped breathing and went into cardiac arrest. We got a crash cart and tried to bring him back but his heart was weak" he kept rambling but I couldn't hear what he was saying.

I barely understood what some words meant and I wiped the tears that flowed down my face.

"So he's dead?" I needed to hear the words. He needed to say it!

"Yes. Martin is dead. I'm sorry"

"Noo! You're a doctor! You're supposed to save lives!" I cried onto my arm and asked the question that I was afraid to ask, "My mom? Can I see my mom?"

I observed him as he took of his cap and sighed loudly.

"Noo! She can't be dead too!" I pushed against his chest as my heart race increased.

"When your mother arrived she had a shard of glass in her heart. She was gone before she arrived at th-"

"Noo!" I howled as my breathing accelerated. Tears fell down my eyes and my vision blurred. I stumbled into my feet and slapped away his hands that tried to comfort me.

"This is Ms Defrenta. She's from Social Services and she's here to ask you some questions"

I cried even harder as the woman came near me. She placed her arms around my waist and I leaned my body weight on her.

"They are gone" I mumbled out of my mouth

"Shhh" she cooed into my ear and led me down the hall.

I woke up with a start and looked at my surroundings. Where was I? My palms were sweaty and I inhaled big gulps of air into my system. It took me a moment till I realized that I was in the plane. Before I could freak out about my location I heard someone say, "Ma'am?"

The eyes of a flight attendant were staring at me. I stared at his pale green eyes as I felt myself relax. I think it was the same one who opened up my pill bottle.