Why? {10}

Walking to the front of the restaurant with Mr McKinley's arm around my waist was a good feeling. The young girl at the front greeted as with a good afternoon.

"Do you guys have a reservation?"

"No, but I know the manager"

"I'm sorry but you need a reservati-"

"My name is Ian McKinley. " Mr McKinley interrupted the young girl who started to look flustered.

Looking at his face closer, the young girl apologized profusely before directing us to a table. She rushed into the back where I could only assume the kitchen was.

As I looked around I was marveled by how beautiful everything was. I have never been to any place this classy.

Noticing me looking Mr McKinley asked, "You like it?"

"Yes. It's beautiful in here."

Following his gaze I saw a lady walking up to us with a uniform on and from the smile on Mr McKinley face I had a feeling it was the manager.

Even with an apron on she was gorgeous. Her blonde hair was tied up but a few strands framed her round head. Her blue eyes shined brightly as she got closer her pink lips lifted into a smile showing her perfect white teeth.

Turning to Mr McKinley, I saw he had gotten up and had a smile on his face. It was soo different to see a smile on his face. It made him look younger and a lot more approachable.

The girl grabbed onto Mr McKinley neck and hugged him tightly. I looked away since it felt as though I was watching in on two lovers having a passionate embrace. After a couple more seconds of hugging the couple decided to split apart.

"And who's this beauty?" She questioned as she looked at me.

"This is my Personal Assistant Ms Suren. Ms Suren meet a very good friend of mine Ms Hargrave."

"Don't listen to him. I'm Madeline Hargrave but most people call me Elly"

"Hi nice to meet you" I saw the managed stitched on to her apron which confirmed my suspicions, "You must be the manager?" I asked just as an attempt to make conversation.

"Well yes I am"

"It's very beautiful in here."

"Sweet, Smart and she has manners. She's a keeper Ian." Elly said as she winked at Mr McKinley.

Mr McKinley just rolled his eyes and shook his head in response. Pulling out two menus she gave it to us.

"I will be back a little later to take your orders. It was very nice meeting you Ms Suren"

"Please call me Delilah"

"It was nice meeting you Delilah. I will be right back." She stated before walking away into the kitchen.

Curiosity getting the best of me I asked, "Is this usually what happens?"

Furrowing his eyebrows in confusion, Mr McKinley asked, "Excuse me?"

"All this" I said as I gestured to the restaurant, "People getting flustered by you, the manager coming out to meet you."

"I don't understand what you are asking me Ms Suren"

"I'm asking if you get the VIP treatment everywhere you go"

"Well Ms Suren that tends to happen in here because I do after all own this restaurant"

The smug smile on his face only managed to increase my embarrassment. Looking down I picked up the menu and began looking through.

Confused, I tried to remember my two years of high school french. The words may be in french but the prices were not. Something called Foie Gras was priced at $95!

Chicken Fricassee seemed simple enough and also in my budget because it was priced at $20. Just in time Elly walked back to our table and asked if we were ready to order.

"I would like the Chicken Fricassee please" I said hoping none of them would correct my pronunciation.

Ian spoke up from his seat in his calm yet authoritative voice, "We are going to start with an appetizer of Coquilles Saint-Jacques. And then my entree is Blanquette de Veau and hers can be the Chicken Fricassee. And a bottle of chilled 1999 Domaine Leroy Musigny"

Elly scribbled against her notebook. I felt bad for her since Mr McKinley ordered very specific foods and he spoke very fast.

A part of me wondered how I was going to pay for this appetizer and wine Mr McKinley decided to add. Isn't it a little early for wine? It's only noon.

Me and Mr McKinley sat in awkward silence till he decided to break it, "Ms Suren you are very intriguing"

"How so sir?" I responded cocking my head to the side.

"When I received the call from Wilkins to give his niece a job I didn't think much of it. Wilkins has provided a lot to McKinley Enterprises so it was the least I could do."

I nodded my head in a gesture for him to continue

"But when you walked in I was very surprised. I know Wilkins is very protective over family and he likes the luxury things so I just expected you to be a lot more.."

"Spoiled, bratty, obnoxious?" I interrupted

"Yes actually. But you weren't. I also found out that Wilkins left you almost half a million dollars in his will. Yet you choose not to use it"

How did he know that? Speechless I just nodded my head.

"Why?" He inquired.