Dolphin {62}

My phone vibrated with an email and it showed that the time was 3am. I have been staring at this wall for 3 hours. During the three hours I realized that I needed a TV to fill that empty spot in the wall.

I would have to wait a couple of paychecks first, since I had used most of my money on my dress.

I went into the kitchen since I knew that I couldn't fall asleep even if I wanted to. I searched up some baking recipes and brought the ingredients out to make some random pastries.

I needed something that would keep me distracted while remaining productive. While the pastries were baking I started on an extreme cleaning spree. I haven't cleaned in a while and I could tell since the house was filthy.

I cleaned all the rooms including the bathroom. Everything was shining and smelled like lemon due to my cleaning products. I took the pastries out of the oven and saw that it was almost 6am.

After cleaning I took out some of the food I baked and sat on the couch to eat it. I shoveled through at least half of the cinnamon buns that I made before I put my dishes in the sink.

My exhaustion was very prominent and I yawned and lay down on the couch to sleep. I woke up to the loud banging on my door.

"Maria" I mumbled against the couch. I didn't hear a response and I realized that she must have went to work.

The banging on the door continued and I grudgingly got up. I trudged my way to the door. I opened the door and saw one of my best friends, Kayla.

"So, she is alive!" she exclaimed sarcastically as she brushed past me into the living room.

"I'm mad at you Delilah"

"Why?" I was genuinely confused. It was very early in the morning and my brain couldn't handle all this thinking at his hour.

"Ever since you got your job, you have turned MIA. When I call you, I get voice mail. When I text I get nothing in response."

I hung my head down in shame since she was right. Sometimes when she texted I would make a note to text her back but then I would get busy and forget.

"Sorry. I have just been busy with everything."

"You're too busy for little old me?" I could tell that she was only teasing me now and I sighed since I was afraid she would actually be upset at me.

"Of course not"

"We are going to spend the rest of today together"

I agreed to it since I didn't have work today and she rushed over and pulled me in for a hug.

"Stop. I haven't brushed my teeth yet." I yelled into her shoulder.

She backed away from me and said, "Yea I can tell."

I rolled my eyes at her teasing and walked towards the bathroom. While walking I briefly glanced at the clock to see it was almost noon. I guess it wasn't that early. On the bathroom mirror was a note from Maria.

Hey,
I went to work. I didn't want to wake you and tell you. But by the way...You baked? Since when? When I get home you gotta tell me all about the gala.

After freshening up my face I decided to take a shower and shave my legs. After my shower I slipped on some shorts and a tank top. I walked into the living room and saw Kayla eating the food I made in the kitchen.

"What are you eating?"

"These chocolate chip cookies" she responded back.

After we settled around the couches Kayla asked, "Where's Jason and Maria?"