Keeping Up The Act {36}

I quickly pulled my shorts down since they had risen up.

"Mrs McKinley I'm sorry. I didn't mean to do that in your house"

"Delilah it's fine. I can see how passionate you guys are for each other. It reminds me of me and your father." I looked down at my feet in shame for getting caught.

"But I came out here because you left your keys Ian" she continued. Ian grabbed his keys from his ma and walked over to the car.

I took a deep breath before I opened the car door. Ian didn't say a word to me. I was lost in my thoughts and I snapped back into reality when we pulled up to my apartment.

We both sat in the car in silence each not knowing what to say or do.

"I'm going to leave now." No reaction just a nod.

"Is there any plans for tomorrow?" I continued

"No just be there by 9" I shut the car door and turned around when I heard Ian call my name.

"I proved my point" he smugly said.

I leaned down into his car and asked, "What?"

"You like it when I kiss you" he said with a smirk.

I rolled my eyes and started to walk away.

"Wait Delilah" I stopped my hurried steps but refused to turn around. I didn't want to see his smirking face.

"I liked it too" he said out from the car. I turned around but I was too late since all I saw was the Rolls Royce driving off in the distance. A giddy smile filled my face as I walked into my apartment.

When I walked inside I saw Maria cooking on the stove.

"Is that pasta I smell?" I questioned as I placed my bag on the couch and went into the kitchen.

"Yeah. It's an old recipe that I found but I added my own twist. I had an old friend of mine create another key for us. I tested them both out and they work. Yours is on your bed"

I tasted the sauce and the sweet and spicy pasta sauce was delicious. Maria taught me how she made her sauce spicy and sweet. She introduced me to many spice combinations and after the dish was done she promised me some cooking lessons in the future. After showering I got ready for bed and braided my hair for the next day.

I was glad to have a roommate since Maria gave me some advice after I told her about me and Ian at his parents house. I set my alarm and checked my laptop. I responded to some emails that I got from companies wanting to partner with Ian. After replying I turned of my laptop and drifted off into sleep.

I woke up before my alarm clock and I sat in bed thinking about how I was going to deal with today. Do I talk about the kiss? Is he going to bring the kiss up? After showering I decided I wouldn't bring it up. It would probably never happen again and I didn't want it to interfere with me working at McKinley Enterprises.

I slipped on my white dress and my heeled sandals. I got myself ready for the day and put a pair of black flats inside my bag for caution.

After telling Maria a quick goodbye I locked the door using my key and walked down to the bus stop.

I played some Candy Crush till the bus came. Once on the bus I slipped on my ID. Two hours later I was inside the cool building of McKinley Enterprises.

After getting Ian's coffee I placed my things onto my desk before I went into his office.

I was surprised to see him sitting in his chair since it was 15 minutes to 9am.