Birthday Boy {31}

The obnoxious alarm sound woke me up from my dream and I got up to go brush my teeth in the bathroom. After brushing my teeth I woke up Maria and went into the kitchen and got myself a bowl of cereal.

When I placed my bowl in the sink is when Maria was done using the bathroom.

After explaining to her my plan on how to share my room to accommodate her things and mine we got got to work.

Looking at the time I started to panic,"Ok I have to catch the bus at 9am do you think you can do it by yourself?"

"Yea I think I can do it"

I went to my closet with Maria following behind. She sat on my bed and I pulled out my lace pink dress.

"Wait let me see the black one" I pulled it out and Maria gushed and clapped her hands.

"Yes yes yes! You have to wear that one. Show that boss what he's missing out"

"Maria!"

"I'm kidding, I'm kidding! But seriously you have the perfect body for it. You're going to look gorgeous in it. Wear it"

Giving up I went into the bathroom and took a quick shower before slipping the dress on. My hair was a frizzy mess so I decided to pull it back with the help of some gel.

Maria passed me some of her lipsticks. I was jealous of how much makeup she had but her job at MAC caused her to get free products. I picked the dark purple one and after a couple swipes of mascara under each eye I slipped on my strappy heels, put on my silver diamond earrings and I was ready to go.

I grabbed my new black tote bag and stuffed it with my ID badge, phone, laptop, cookies and money.

"Maria are you going to go somewhere?"

"Nope. I'm going to arrange my stuff why?"

"I wanted to know if you needed the keys"

"Nah I'm good. Have fun at work and don't forget that you look hot" Maria said as she stuck her head out of the bathroom.

As she walked towards the door I screamed her name one more time.

"Yeah?" she said as she stuck her head out again.

"Welcome Home" I told her and after receiving a smile I shut the door and went to the bus stop.

Thankfully the weather was cool today since the sleeves of my black dress reached my elbows. I didn't have to wait long since the bus pulled up immediately. The two hour ride passed by in a blur since it was spent with me playing Candy Crush and eating cookies.

When I arrived at McKinley Enterprises the the cool air condition was a nice welcome. As I was walking to the break room to get Mr McKinley some coffee I saw Connor.

He had on a black shirt with black pants.

"Hey Connor"

"Oh hey Delilah. How's it been?"

"Great, how about you?"

"Come closer and read my tie"

Giving him a weird look I read his tie and saw the words birthday boy on it.

"Happy birthday!" I screamed to him.

He laughed slightly then responded with, "Thanks. So me and couple of my friends are meeting up at a bar to celebrate my birthday. You wanna come?"

Noticing the hesitation in my eyes, Connor added, "Drinks are on me and you always reject me. And plus it's my birthday"

"Fine but what time" I said giving in