Makeover {17}

Staring at my closet I knew that my closet needed a serious renovation. The last clean shirt I had was my too-big white tshirt. I tucked it into my jeans before putting on my black flats.

I was running late today so I put my hair into a bun as I rushed out the door. When I walked out of my door I saw the bus down the street.

Running from my house I waved my hands in the air in hopes that the bus might wait a little longer if it saw me. My movements were successful since the bus slowed down and waited for me to get inside.

Running into the bus I paid for my ticket while ignoring all the weird looks from passengers as I found my seat. Breathing in and out I tried to catch my breath. It was worse since I had jeans on and the weather wasn't helping.

Days like this is when I appreciated how I always pack my bag the night before. Looking through my bag I found my water bottle and took big gulps to try and bring a heartrate down. I placed my ID around my neck and I took out the old bag of chips and nibbled on them during my ride.

I rubbed absentmindedly at my key and I thought about how differently the mail girl treated me when I returned her key.

Taking out my Iphone I checked my notifications to see if I had any new messages. I was embarrassed to admit that I enjoyed the Iphone. There was this game called Candy Crush that I was addicted to. I was fumbling around with the phone when I accidentally downloaded it, I tried it out and got addicted.

I must say thank you to Mr McKinley when I see him. Walking into the building I rushed it the break room to make Mr McKinley his coffee and I placed it on his desk just a couple of minutes before he walked in.

That was close. Taking my notebook and pen out I prepared for Mr McKinley tasks.

"Ms Suren for today I don't have any tasks for you. But I need you to accompany me to a banquet it's at 1pm. But it's it's two hours away.

"Okay. So Nate will be ready to pick us up at 11am." I said as I jotted it down into my phone.

"I have scheduled a Stylist to take you to Georgio Armani, Versace and Guess. Pick out an outfit appropriate for a banquet." my mouth dropped open in shock. At those stores a pair of socks is $500, "Don't worry about the price. I'm paying." he said after the look on my face when he mentioned the store names.

"Are you sure those places are very expensive. I'm fine with just going to JcPenny"

"This banquet is very important. It's an invite only and only the most elite CEOS get invited. Do you know how many amazing business legends will be there? You are going to be by my side the entire day. I can't have my PA wearing non-designer clothes. I will be the biggest joke of the night."

"Okay sir I under-" the phone ringing shocked me and Mr McKinley. I have never heard a ring so loud and shrill.

"McKinley" he stated onto the phone. Was this guy ever polite to anyone?

"Yes. Yes. Ok send him up." was all I heard as Mr McKinley shut the phone and placed it on his desk.

"Ms Suren you have a new driver today since I will be needing Nate. He is also just as great as Nate and you will be in good hands."

Checking his phone Mr McKinley told me that he was in the garage waiting. With a nod of his head to me, I walked out of the office and on my way to the elevator I saw a couple of people pushing racks of suits and they were coming from Mr McKinley personal elevator so they must know him.

Stepping into the elevator I made my way down to the garage. I should have asked him how the car looked like since I had no idea what I was looking for.

I was looking around the garage for my driver. Not having to wait any longer a black car pulled up and a young man walked out with a smile on his face. His smile showed his perfectly staright teeth. His best feature was his hazel with green almond shaped eyes. His tan skin showed that he liked to stay in the sun.

"Are you Ms Suren?" his British accent could be heard under his soft calm voice.

"Yes I am" after hearing the words, the British man opened the door for me and closed it after me.

During the ride to Georgio Armani I was happy to find out that my driver was social. From just a 20 min drive I knew that his name was Edmund, he was married 2 years ago but he is now dating, he served in military, and he's fascinated by cars.

The glass building of Georgio Armani was were Edmund parked. After parking he gave me his number while he saved mine and told me to text him when I'm done.
Getting out of the car I stepped into the store and already I was beginning to feel anxious. The store just screamed expensive. There was a lady waiting in from of the register and she rushed over to me.

"I'm Portia your stylist. C'mon now chop chop. We have a lot to do and we only have less than two hours."
"I thought we just had to find a dress and that's it"

Chuckling to herself my stylist responded with, "Oh sweetie you're so cute. We have a lot more to do than just your clothes. We have to do you hair, makeup, and find your shoes and bag."

"It's just a banquet. It's not like I'm going to prom. I don't think all that will be necessary."

"Ian called me and gave me a job. To revamp you and make you look even more gorgeous. That is what I will do. Now c'mon let's go." She lead the way and I followed right behind her.