Makeover Pt. 2 {18}

Standing in front of the mirror I pushed the frills of the silky white dress with my hands. I already hated it. It made me feel like a chicken.

"Do you like it?" Portia asked?

"No I'm sorry"

"No it's fine. This was a tester. I picked a dress that even I know is hideous to test out and see if your going to be honest with me or if you're going to lie. You passed" she gave me grin as if I should be proud of myself.

Portia pulled out three other dresses. After trying on the second dress the process started to get fun. I always did love shopping. And I was looking forward to my makeover. It has been too long since I put lipstick on.

The third dress that I tried on was beautiful. It was a form fitting blue lace dress. When I stepped out of the dressing room. Portia greeted me with a smile. This smile brought out how young Portia really was. She was only a year older than me at 25.

"Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes." she guided me to the mirror and I had to admit the dress looked great on me. The blue lace fabric glided across my skin as if it was meant to be there. The dress was also very comfortable since the inside was made of silk.

Turning to the side I noticed that my lower area was protruding out of the dress.

Noticing my frown, "What? What's wrong with it?"

"Don't you think it's a little inappropriate."

"How?" she said after cocking her head to the side.

"It's too much of this" I said while pointing to my derriere,"showing."

Giving me a smile she said "Delilah you know you're going to a banquet not church. It's okay to look a little sexy. And trust me you look good. I'm your stylist and I have seen what people where at those kinds of things and you're exactly in the dress code."

"Okay fine" I surrendered.

"So this is the dress?"

Smoothing down the creases and turning around a couple more times I nodded my head and received grin from Portia. While taking of the dress I noticed the price tag in the back and was completely astonished.

It cost $1,456. Why is it so expensive? Is the fabric made out of gold?

Trying to remember how Mr McKinley told me not to look at the price I put on my black flats and pulled up my jeans before walking out the stall. Thinking about him brought me to wonder if he would like the dress.

A part of me wanted to prove him wrong. He disrespected me at Le Bistro Mericourt and I wanted him to know that if I wanted to, I could look amazing everyday. With this thought in mind I handed Portia the dress to go pay for it and made a mental note to commit 100% to this makeover.

I texted Edmund that we were done while I waited for Portia to pay for the dress. After paying, me and Portia walked into the car. She told Edmund to take us to Guess since she thought I needed a new pair of shoes.

"I'm not wearing heels Portia. I would rather wear flats." I defended

"You're not going to wear a beautiful dress like that with a pair of flats. That an insult to the dress" she spoke after texting someone on her phone. Looking over her shoulder I saw that it was Mr McKinley.

What was she doing texting him. Could it be possible that they were dating. For all I know he has never told me that he has a girlfriend. Looking at Portia I could definitely see him dating her. Portia was tall, slim, young and beautiful. Her long legs were tucked inside black skinny jeans and she had on a loose floral shirt and due to the weather she had on a pair of sandals showcasing her manicured pink toes. She was very beautiful with her thick brown hair and gorgeous blue eyes. I could see how why he would date her. She was gorgeous.