My Office {16}

I read the words three more times before my brain comprehended what it was saying. I was relieved to get my $20 back but I was also a little confused.

Does this mean that I have the job? Checking my phone I saw that it was 10:20. I decided to use the extra time to find out what the two doors led to.

Going to the first door I opened it to see that it was a bathroom. It only provided a mirror, a toilet and a sink. But it still managed to be bigger than my bathroom and it had a shower. Sighing I closed the door and opened the second door.

I was surprised to see the back of Mr McKinley staring at me. The office looked different.  Compared to the white couches and white fridge of my office it looked very sad and dull.

Even when he was not facing me I could still picture his straight face as he stared at his papers. Looking at him from the back I could see his defined back muscles. I never thought about Mr McKinley working out. I quickly reverted my mind to something else since I didn't want to be picturing my boss shirtless and working out. It was inappropriate.

"Are you going to stand there all day Ms Suren?"

Embarrassed I walked over towards him. He must have heard the door creak when I opened it.

I sat down in one of the chairs and waited for him to give further directions.

"Regarding you going to James's house that is postponed because he is currently unavailable."

"Okay sir. Can I ask a question?"

"Well you're here aren't you?" was his snarky response.

"Do I have the job? The office, the laptop, the phone which I refuse to accept. But this all is making me think that I have the job." I confessed.

"Yes Ms Suren you have the job.  I figured there was no point in me delaying the process when I know that you will be my PA. You will work weekdays 9-6pm but you might be dismissed earlier or stay late. You don't work weekends. Ms Suren being my PA is a lot of work. Even if you are not on shift if I call you I expect you to be here. You can't have any distractions. On weekends I may call you to run an errand for me or to assist me in something."

After I nodded my head he picked up some papers and continued, "So starting tomorrow you will be paid every week. Your starting salary every week is $1,330. It will increase the longer you work for me. If you assist me outside of work then you get a bonus added. Are you following?"

Wow. I'm getting paid over $1000 every week. That's almost 5 thousand a month. What I'm I going to do with all that money? I can probably afford to pay for my rent and so much more. This is amazing.

"Ms Suren are you with me?"

"Yes sir."

"Do you accept to be my Personal Assistant?" he said as he passed me a pen and a paper.

"Yes of course. Thank you" I gushed. I signed the areas that he pointed to on the paper and excitement started to build in my stomach.

He passed me a lanyard with my picture ID on it and a key identical to the one that I received from the mail room.  My face was flushed since I remember rushing to get that picture taken and my hair was a frizzy mess. I attached the key to my ID and slipped it around my neck.

"The key to being my PA is communication. I need to be able to call you at any time. This is why you need an IPhone and that's why I got you one."

"But I have a cell phone that is capable of making and receiving phones calls"

"You call that bulky piece of metal a phone."

"Yes I do sir" he looked at me as if observing my behavior. I felt his brown eyes staring at me so I looked down since I started to get uncomfortable.

"Can it send emails?" he asked with his pink lips curved into a smirk.

"No it can't. But my friend has a computer and I can check it whenev-"

"No Ms Suren. Your accepting the gift end of discussion. I have added some information to the phone already like my number and some email addresses. You will need to update my schedule to the Calendar on your phone." he said as he passed me his calendar.

Holding the calendar in hand I grudgingly knew that I had to accept the the phone.

"Ms Suren there's nothing else for you to do. For the rest of the day I want you to familiarize yourself with your office, laptop, and phone. Welcome to McKinley Enterprises Ms Suren.  Don't make me regret this decision."