Dinner Dilemmas {40}

She hugged Gabby and her boyfriend then she moved on to me.

"Ahh Delilah. I'm soo glad to see you here"

"Happy Birthday Mrs McKinley thank you for inviting me" I said as I hugged her back

"Delilah I insist please call me Celeste" she said and after smiling she moved down the table hugging everyone in the process.

Celeste walked up to the front and got a microphone to make a speech. She started with, "I just want to thank you all for taking the time out of your day. It means a lot to me that my closest group of friends and family can come together to celebrate me" the crowd laughed and she continued, "Now I have some rules. I don't want anyone calling me 51 years old. I'm 51 years young!" the crowd laughed and this time I joined in with them,"Now everyone get up talk, dance because we are going to have fun. Dj turn the music on. And to all the young folks I don't want to hear anyone complaining about the music. Thank you" she ended and we a got up to give her a round of applause.

The whole table was soon deserted and I desperately looked in the sea of people for Ian. Instead I saw a dessert bar and I made my way over to it.

"Hey what are you doing here?" Gabby said before I could take the last couple of steps to reach the dessert bar

"I was just looking for you" I lied not wanting to get caught trying to get some food

"Well I'm right here. Come I want you to meet someone" Gabby walked me over to the pale redhead who was her boyfriend

"Delilah meet my boyfriend Kevin"

"Hi" I greeted

"Hey. Your Ian's girlfriend right?"

"Umm....yes," Did everyone know about me and Ian, "So Kevin what do you do" I said as I tried to quickly change the topic

"I'm actually in med school. That's how I met Gab over here" he said while he smiled fondly at her. They were soo cute.

"Are you both pursuing the same field?"

"Sorta. I want to be an ER helper and Kev wants to be a doctor" Gabby said

Before I could respond a man came over to Kevin and he excused himself before leaving.

"So what do you think. Be honest" she stared into my eyes as she waited for me to respond

"Honestly I think he's adorable. I can see that he really likes you. But I have a question" I leaned over to her ear and asked, "Is he the ex that keeps calling" Gab mentioned when I was at her house about an ex calling her

She grabbed two glasses of the champagne and passed one to me, "I didn't think you would remember. But yeah he is"

"Alright well since it none of my business I'm not going to bug for info or tell you what to do"

"Wait I need your advice. Everyone I ask gives me biased advice based on what they know about him. But you're my friend and you don't know anything about him so I need your  unbiased advice"

"I feel as though there's a reason why he's your ex. But if you 100% trust him then go for it"

"Alright thanks that means a lot to me" Gabby pulled me in for a hug as she introduced me to everyone there. It would be awkward whenever I would make eye contact with Ian since I didn't know what I was supposed to do. Do I smile? Wave?

I was glad when the host said we should all take our seats since I was tired of meeting her friends.

The waiters went around with plates of chicken and pasta as they placed it on the table. While other waiters carried around bottles of wine to each table.