One Month Later {41}

I turned of my ringing alarm and went into the bathroom to do my daily routine. I still couldn't believe that it has been one month since his mom's birthday. One month since we kissed. One month since I have seen his family. One month since he took me somewhere.

His family would call me and text me but after his warning I started declining their offers with excuses. Whenever he went out with his family and they asked about me, he would say I was busy. His family just assumed that something was wrong and they eventually stopped asking.

Our routine would be mundane. I come to work. He gives me papers to type and email. I do it and then I go to lunch. I come back and do some more work.

Lunch was the only time when I could finally let out a laugh. Whenever Ian would talk to me, it would always be straight to the point and even sometimes when I tried to brighten up the conversation, he would pay me no mind and would go back to working.

Today would have been like any other day of the month if it wasn't for the unexpected guest. My office phone rang and I picked it up to see that it was Sophie calling.

"Hey Sophie"

"Hey, there's someone here who wants to see Mr McKinley" I looked through my schedule and saw that we were only expecting Thomas Dared from engineering.

"Oh no this is not Thomas. She says her name is Valentina Farera"

My mouth formed into an O shape. His girlfriend was here. Why was she here? If we were expecting her then Mr McKinley would tell me.

"Delilah you still there?" Sophie asked again

"Ummm....yes. Just give me a second to ask Mr McKinley" I put her on hold as I pulled open the connecting door.

His back was turned to me and I shouted from my spot so he could hear me, "Sir, Valentina Farera is here to see you. Send her up?"

For the first time ever since I shouted from the doorway he actually turned his head. He would usually ignore me, forcing me to walk all the way to his desk to ask him. He looked at me and nodded his head before he said, "Yes. Send her up. And I need to ask you about the stocks"

I quickly told Sophie yes and I rushed into the next room with my notebook in hand.

"What's going on with the blue chip stocks? I expected a conclusion already" he said with his eyes on his laptop

"Sir in the case of the stock market, analysts looked at the performance of the blue-chip stocks with commodities like oil because they are associated with large, well established companies with time-tested business models. There are large data sets available for you to analyse and they are currently being faxed to all your shareholders"

"Send me their replys printed. I want all your focus on managing the optics of this and secur-" Mr McKinley was interrupted by the opening of his door.

I turned around in my chair and saw supermodel, Valentina Farera. She had on loose lace shorts with a matching tight crop top and black sandals. Her dark brown hair had loose curls in it and she had her sunglasses pulling it back. She looked effortlessly gorgeous for a Thursday afternoon.

I was too busy looking at Valentina that I didn't even notice Mr McKinley walk up to her. He wrapped his arms around her and she put her legs in the air giggling in response. I looked away. I hated how my heart broke a little at their public display of affection.

I wanted to be the one he was hugging so tight. I wanted to be the one who he gave a huge smile to. But I knew that I was nothing but his assistant. I'm the girl who helps him in anything he does with no questions asked. I pushed my hurt feelings out of the way and walked back into my office since they started to kiss.