The Charity Gala Pt. 2 {60}

A/N
To anyone who doesn't know Chapter 55 is available to be read. It is titled Jealousy. Some people can't see it and they ask me if I skipped the chapter. I didn't skip it, there's just something wrong with it showing up in your notifications. If you still can't see it re-add the book to your library. Message me with any problems.

~*~**~*

His dark brown eyes bore into mine as he waited for an answer.

“She's fine.”  I heard Finn say as he snatched my arm from Ian's and pulled me in closer to him.

Ian fired back with, “Obviously she wasn't. Maybe if you were paying some attention to her you would have noticed her falling.”

“Why are you paying so much attention to my girlfriend when yours is right next to you”

“Don't call her that. She's not your girlfriend” the glare on Ian's face scared me a little. I knew I was supposed to cut in but I didn't know what to say.

“Really McKinley? So why do you think she sleeps in my bed and brought me here as her date”

“Alright jeez. That's enough. She fell who cares?” Valentina said as she checked her nails

I kept my eyes on Mike since I couldn't look at either of them. Even though I wasn't  looking at Ian I could tell he was angry. Finn remained calm and collected. He moved closer to me and blatantly placed his arm around my waist, resting it on my bare back.

I didn't know whether Ian noticed since Mike started talking again, “Now that everyone's up, it's time to have fun. The drinks are coming around. Everyone socialize and get to know each other.” He got off the stage after we all gave him a huge round of applause.

I followed Finn as he walked away from the table with his arm resting on my lower back. He passed me a glass of champagne from the closest waiter.

“This is why I don't like that guy”

“Who?” I asked pretending to to be confused

“Your fucking boss. Did you see the way way he touched you. Jesus. I worry about him sexually harassing you at work.”

“Finn, I almost fell. He caught me. How does that deem him as a sexual harasser?” I didn't like the way he spoke about Ian. I didn't like it when anyone spoke badly about Ian.

Finn dropped the topic and we moved onto enjoying the Charity Gala. After eating some little appetizers and talking to Jason the socializing hour was over. We came back to our seats and there was a menu placed on each seat

ENTRÉES

Action Station Roman Style Oven Fired Flat Breads with Fig, Prosciutto, Truffle

Blackened Chicken with Bacon Braised Greens, Roasted Tomato Relish

Chicken Bulgogi Sliders, Sriracha Aioli, Pickled Carrot and Napa Slaw

I didn't know what most of the words meant meant so I just picked the one that Finn suggested which was the blackened chicken.

I participated in some light table conversation. Finn was the main star of the table since he would crack jokes. Whenever he would say something funny we would all laugh and as I looked around the table I saw Ian glare and it made me laugh even harder. Even the green eyed devil would laugh at Finn’s jokes.