No More Busses {42}

The ringing of the alarm woke me up and I got up and trudged up to my bathroom. After a quick shower, I slipped on my black dress and I made a mental note to go shopping since I wore this same dress on Monday.

After slipping on my black heeled sandals, I packed up my bag and I was out the door. I quickly got on the bus and sat in my usual seat by the window.

After 2 hours of riding on the bus I made it to McKinley Enterprises. I had a cup of coffee in my hand as I rode up the elevator. I wonder why he always drinks hot coffee. If it's hot outside wouldn't he want something cold. He probably drinks hot coffee since his personality is so cold.

I laughed out loud at my own stupid joke as I entered my office and placed my things down before going into his office.

"Did you reschedule the appointment for Thomas" he stated as soon as I entered

"No"

"Then do it today"

"Okay"

"I have an event to attend later today so you may leave when you are done rescheduling" I stood there staring at his head and my anger built since I wasted so much of my time getting that appointment and now he wants me to do it all over again.

Sometimes I couldn't believe how rude he was. The more I thought about what happened yesterday the angrier I got. I stared daggers into the top of his head since he couldn't even bother to look me in the eyes

"Is there a problem Ms Suren?" he asked looking up at me

"No sir" I replied glaring at him. I turned back around and stomped my way back to my office. My office phone starting ringing and I rushed over to pick it up.

"Mr McKinley's office?"

"Delilah I got a call trying to get through on line 3"

"Alright thanks" I clicked the button for the other call and I recognized the voice immediately.

"I would like to speak to Ian McKinley"

Why was she calling through the office phone. Doesn't she have his number. I acted as if I was oblivious and said, "Do you have an appointment?"

"No but I'm Valentina Farera. I spoke to you yesterday"

"Ms Farera this is a company phone not a personal phone. If you want to get in contact with Mr McKinley then call him on his phone"

"Don't you think I tried that! I called and texted but he didn't pick up"

"That sounds like like a personal problem Ms Farera. Now I have to get back to work" I knew he had his phone on him at all times so if she called and texted then he must have ignored them on purpose.

With a smile on my face I slammed the phone shut. Not even two minutes later Sophie called again and I once again had to transfer the call.

"Listen I don't know what your problem is but you don't want to get on my bad side. If I call you to speak to Ian then I can. Now direct me to Ian"

"Do you have an appointment" I said once again. I knew I was being immature but she rubbed me the wrong way.

"No I don't. But transfer the call to Ian. I need to speak to him. Tell him it's important" I rolled my eyes and put her on hold as I dialed up Mr McKinley.

"What" he coldly said

"Ms Farera wants to speak to you"

"About?"

"I don't know"

"Tell her I'm at a meeting or something" he said before he hung up.

I idly wondered why he was ignoring her. Did they have a fight yesterday. I put Valentina phone call back on and said, "He's at a meeting. Call back later"