Choices {66}

This morning I woke up confused. What was that noise? I heard a banging on my door and I groaned out loud, "Who is it?"

"It's Ian"

Due to sheer laziness and not wanting to see him I stayed in bed and yelled, "What is it?"

"We have meetings today. Be ready in 30 minutes" I groaned and fell back into the soft bed.

Ughhh! Why couldn't I stay in bed all day and relax. Because this is a business vacation. Not a relaxing vacation. My subconscious reminded.

I trudged into the bathroom and after freshening up I went towards my suitcases. I pulled out a ivory lace midi dress with nude heels, nude clutch and a gold necklace.

I huffed in the mirror since I didn't know what to do with my hair. I just gathered it into a high bun and applied some makeup to my skin.

I shut my bedroom door and walked down the stairs. I looked around the living room for Ian but the house was empty. I went outside and saw Ian inside the car.

I sat down quickly and placed my sunglasses on. After he debriefed me on the meeting we started to drive. From what he said we had back to back meeting with his shareholders. The next five minutes of the drive were silent.

"So umm...how do you like Mexico" he said breaking the silence.

I ignored his question and instead looked ahead. I was serious when I said I won't speak to him unless it was business related.He seemed to take the hint and kept his mouth shut for the rest of the drive. We pulled up and entered the office.

Once the meeting started I passed out the papers he gave me and filled out the form to document the important points made. There were 5 more meetings till the day was over. The meetings were very boring and I almost fell asleep in some of them. I felt tempted to go outside and sleep but I knew I had to stay awake to take notes.

I walked our last group of businessmen out of the office and returned to clean up the table. I showed Ian my notes and told him what our next step should be.

"McKinley Enterprises will not benefit financially with Tramus, CORP, or Pampeni. Hardens technology combined with Fields demographics can make McKinley Enterprises number one. Both companies are small enough for you to take over and successful enough to profit from. A merger between Harden and Fields is what's best."

"Thats genius. This Harden and Fields merger will work. Figure out the logistics and-"

"I already have" I interrupted him with. I showed him the logistics and scans of each company before the merger and possibly how they would profit after the merger.

He observed them for a while, flipping through the papers, "This is impressive. Good work. Email me those files and send an email to James Pottman"

"Yes sir" I kept my head down even though the compliment he gave me was the highlight of my day.

We went downstairs and suffered through another silent car ride. Before I left the car I handed him the notes I took from the meetings.

"No you need to keep these. By noon tomorrow I want them typed and emailed to me."

"Okay"

"And there's this lunch that I'm invited to. Its tomorrow"

"Are we going to be looking for potential prospects for McKinley Enterprises?"

"No"

"Are we going to be expanding McKinley Enterprises through businesses communication?"

"No. It's just a lunch Delilah"