Buckets & Towels {47}

Waking up this morning I decided to take my time today. I just wanted to feel pretty so I put on my new pink off-shoulder dress and my white heeled sandals. I silently screamed since my hair wasn't as straight as I wanted and it looked frizzy.

I looked through my cabinet and saw my curling wand that I never used. I wanted big loose curls so I made my hair sections big as I wrapped it around the wand. After I was done I had big voluminous bouncy curls. I sprayed some hairspray into it and I was in love with my results

I added a light layer of mascara and packed up my work bag. When I entered the living room I muffled scream when I saw a body lying on the couch. Upon closer inspection I noticed that it was Jason.

Maria must have let him in late last night. Now that I thought about it, I did hear some shuffling in the early hours of the morning but I was too tired to investigate what it could be.

He had his suit folded onto a chair as he slept on the couch in his underwear. I lightly laughed at his face as I shut the apartment door.

This was the first time that I could drive my car to work. I rolled down my windows since the car felt like an oven. I took out my parking ID and stuck it to my window.

While I waited for the car to cool down I set up my radio stations. R.E.S.P.E.C.T came on and I sang the words as I reminisced about Connor's party.

After pulling up to the garage I took the elevator upstairs and got his coffee. When I entered his office, Ian wasn't there. It was 8:50am so he was probably running late.

I placed the coffee on his desk and went into my office. I twirled around in my chair since I didn't really know what to do. It was 9:10am and I thought about calling him but I felt as though it would be weird. What would I say? Uhh hello sir I apologize for closing the elevator door in your face at your sister's party. The same party at which we kissed even though you have a girlfriend and I'm your employee. Oh and by the way, where are you?

My stomach grumbled and I went into the cafe and got a bagel with an iced tea. By 9:45 I was onto twiddling my thumbs and I decided that it has been long enough so I called him.

I listened to the ringing of the phone and just as I was about to hang up I heard a hoarse voice speak, "Hello"

My questions disappeared from my mind. Was that Ian? "Ian? What's wrong?" my eyebrows pulled up into a crease on my forehead.

"I'm fine. Shit I forgot to text you" he was interrupted by a huge coughing fit. "You can go home" his voice was so hoarse and dry that I could barely hear him.

"Ian where are you?" he sounded sick and he needed medical attention

"Home"

"Ian go to the hospital. Your sick." In the back of my mind my subconscious reminded me that I was not in the place to be concerned about him.

"I'm fine." I heard sniffles from him "Just go home" then he hung up the phone. My mouth fell open as I stared at the phone. This guy! I shouldn't care about him, but I knew that I did.

I had to see if he was okay because I knew that he was too stubborn to admit how sick he was. Probably some type of macho image that he wants to keep up.

I knew his address because of the numerous letters that I would have to write for him. Against my better judgment I went into my car and drove towards his home.

I knew how bad of an idea this was and all the possibilities that could happen but I couldn't help myself. I needed to see if he was okay.

I pulled up to his building and before I could enter I was stopped by a security guard.