Handle This {77}

The blonde directed his eyes to Ian, not wanting to back down. The people sitting next to him looked up surprised at the outburst, "If I want to look, I can look"

Oh no. Wrong answer. Ian stood up and marched towards the other table, "Keep fucking looking and I will rip those eyes out of their sockets"

"I would like to see you try" he said as he stood up against Ian. Ian towered over the blonde man by several inches. It was actually comical seeing the blonde having to look up at Ian.

The dark haired waitress came back with the wine list and stood a couple of feet away not knowing what to do. I pulled Ian hands till he focused his attention on me.

His eyes had anger and it faded a little as I glanced at him, "Don't let him ruin our night"

"He won't as long as he stops looking at you like that"

"He's irrelevant babe. I'm with you"

The blonde man was obviously an idiot since he couldn't keep his mouth shut, "Baby you can be with me"

Ian was quick to grip the collar of the strangers shirt, "You better watch your fucking mouth"

I called his name again since we were attracting a big crowd. At the look on my face he sighed loudly and released the deadly grip he had on his collar.

Before he walked towards me, Ian spat out, "Little bitch ass punk"

He grabbed my hand in his as the dark haired waitress got closer to us. Ian asked, "I want a private table."

She quickly directed us to another floor where it was secluded from everyone else. We were in a small dim-lit room which was a hell lot more romantic than the crowded restaurant below. After we sat she gave us the wine list. A thought about if someone took pictures or recorded the incident came to mind.

"You shouldn't have done that. It looks bad for your image"

"I don't give a crap about my image"

I sighed loudly as I thought about what the gossip sites would write about, "I do. It's bad enough that I'm dragging you down by dating you, I won't let you ruin yourself even more because of me"

He placed the wine list on the table and gave me his intense gaze, "Dragging me down? Where is this coming from?"

How could he have not seen it, "Don't play dumb. You have read the articles"

He genuinely looked confused and I considered if he really didn't see them, "You have me at a disadvantage. What articles?"

"The articles written about us. The supposed marriage and honeymoon"

"I don't entertain the little free time I have on reading unimportant rumors"

"Well this is important"

"Okay then talk to me. What's the problem?"

"I'm not as popular as you-"

"I don't care about that kind of stuff"

"I'm not going in that direction. I'm saying that people don't know me. They only see me as the girl who went from PA to girlfriend."

"Why are you so concerned about what other people think" he was clearly disinterested in discussing rumors.

"Because eventually someone will find out about my past. It will be plastered all over the web. 'Businessman Ian McKinley dating charity case Delilah Suren' It hurts me to think that I could ruin your image that you have built for yourself"