Compromises {45}

I rolled my eyes at him and replied with, "That's not my name and why would I waste my time stalking you"

"That's what I want to find out" he said as he leaned over the table that was covered in blueprints.

"I'm here on Ed's behalf"

"I'm not doing this now" he walked out of the tent and I followed him out.
"Why not"

"Because I'm working" he responded. It was hard to hear him since the construction workers were making a lot of noise. So I jogged till I stood next to him

"A busy guy like you has surely learned the act of multitasking"

"I'm not talking about him now"

"But why? He's sorry"

"I know"

"So then why don't you give him a chance"

"I am"

"No you're not. You're not even here for him. You're here because of work"

"For a cute girl you sure are nosey"

I ignored his compliment even though it made me feel good inside.

"Stop changing the subject. He really cares about you. Just give him another chance. Go to breakfast with him tomorrow"

He laughed in response and showed the blueprints to one of the workers. He quickly walked away and I ran to him since his height caused him to take longer steps.

I stopped in front of him and said, "Come on please"

He sighed out loud and finally looked me in the eyes,"Fine I will have breakfast with him. As long as you have dinner with me tonight" he said with a smirk

"What?" Where did he get this idea from?

"Dinner. You. Me. Tonight"

I hesitated but then nodded my head and said, "Promise me that you will actually try"

"I promise. I will pick you up at 7" he said walking away.

"But you don't even know where I live!" I shouted at his retreating back

"I will figure it out" I looked down since I could feel a smile growing on my face. I rushed into my car and leaned my head on the steering wheel.

I had two hours to get ready for this date so I quickly drove home. When I walked through my apartment door I was crushed by the arms of Jason.

"A car! When were you planning on telling me!" Sitting on the couch was Kayla who was braiding Maria's hair into two fishtail braids.

"You tell her Jason" Kayla jumped in

After the greetings we all took our seats and I explained the story. I decided to leave the part about me kissing Ian at the party out.

"If you have a date then why are you still here. Go get ready!"

With a push from everyone I walked into my closet. I picked out the strapless black and white dress that I bought the other day. I also took out my black heeled sandals and a matching clutch that Portia picked out for me.

I saw that I had an hour and half till it was time so I quickly pulled out my new flat iron and divided my hair into sections. It's been years since I last straighten my hair. I glided the flatiron through the strands and luckily didn't burn myself.

After I straighten my curly hair it reached past my shoulders and rested above my butt. I tied my hair back as I placed some mascara under my eyes. I borrowed Maria's red lipstick and after I was done, I looked like a completely different person. I slipped my dress on and accessorized with a gold bracelet and earrings.