Get Out {24}

It took me a while to fully comprehend what Mr McKinley said. Did he just fire me? All this thinking increased my migraine. It felt like my brain was going to explode.

I sat down on the bed since I couldn't manage to stand up. I hated drinking because whenever I did my hangovers were awful. I plopped my heels onto the ground and rested my head in my hands.

"Ms Suren get up," Releasing a big sigh he continued, "I have ordered breakfast in my room. The best cure to a hangover is cheap greasy food and coffee. Follow me" he said before turning around and walking out the door.

Just breathing made my head pound. How much did I drink last night? Judging by the side effects I could tell it was a lot. A sudden jerk in my stomach had me racing to the bathroom.

Leaning over the toilet I emptied my stomach contents. The foul smell of my morning breath and vomit made my nose cringe. I leaned back into the wall and welcomed the cool wall tiles.

I opened my eyes and saw Mr McKinley leaning against the door with a towel in his hand. He must have heard me belching before he left. He walked over to the sink and he put the towel under running water.

Walking back over to me Mr McKinley got onto his knees. "Sir, you don't hav-" I said. I didn't want to get him dirty with my vomit.

"Shh. Stop talking." he scolded.

Shutting up I let Mr McKinley wipe the cool damp towel on my forehead. I didn't realize how sweaty I was till the cool towel touched me. After wiping the sweat of my face and the little bits of vomit around my mouth Mr McKinley helped me up.

I grabbed onto the sink countertop and leaned my body weight into it. Looking into the mirror I made eye contact with Mr McKinley. Our eye contact was broken when he cleared his throat and said, "I will be waiting outside."

After he left I saw my red rimmed eyes. I used the complimentary toothbrush and toothpaste in the sink drawer and I started to brush my teeth. After brushing till the smell of vomit and morning breath was gone I walked out the bathroom to see Mr McKinley bringing a tray of food to the bed.

"What's that?"

After placing the tray in the middle of the bed he responded, "I figured you couldn't walk to my room so I brought the food here."

Touched by the thought, I told him, "Thank you." I may be fired but I'm still going to enjoy a free breakfast.

I jumped into the bed and started eating the bacon and eggs. The 3 pieces of toast were useless to me since the highlight of the meal were the eggs and bacon.

The hunger caused me to eat most of the meal and before I knew it I only had one piece of bacon left. Picking it up I offered it to Mr McKinley.

"Sorry, I forgot I had to share it."

"It's fine. Eat it"

I shoved the piece of bacon in my mouth and sipped my coffee. He was right the headaches were down to a constant ringing in the back of my head. It was nothing that I couldn't handle.

Mr McKinley took a bottle of Advil from his pocket and passed me one. Giving him a smile I accepted it and eagerly drank it down with the coffee. I sighed as I started to feel like myself again. My energy was back up and I felt ready for the day.

Noticing my change in mood, Mr McKinley grabbed my clutch from the table and walked over to the bed.

"Since your hangover has passed it's time for you to go. You're still fired Ms Suren"

I was trying to avoid this topic as best as I could.

"Please Mr McKinley. Please."

"Ms Suren I have cut too much slack for you. Any other PA would have been fired already. You have overstayed your position and it's time for you to go."

"Please Mr. McKinley," there was no way I could lose this job, "I had one mistake please. It won't ever happen again."

"Ms Suren you make too many mistakes."

"Mr McKinley it's days like this when I wonder how disappointed my uncle would be at how the company turned out" I hated to bring my uncle into it but I didn't know what else to do,"Especially after all the money he invested in this company. I remember before he passed he told me that he wanted me to experience his favorite company. And now I'm getting fired for one mistake"

"Low blow Ms Suren. I'm giving you the job because your uncle was one of the most respectable people I have ever met. But if you make another mistake I won't hesitate to fire you."

"Yes sir" I was surprised that he changed his mind very easily. I sent a silent prayer for my uncle to forgive me as I grabbed my clutch from Mr McKinley's waiting hand.

Mr McKinley picked up his phone before he made a call. My feet were dangling in the air due to the high bed and my white nail polish was thankfully not chipped.

The snippets that I heard from Mr McKinley conversation were that he was talking to Nate about coming to pick us up.

"Nate will be here in a couple of minutes."

"Are we going back to the office?"

"Ms Suren it's Saturday. You are going home" he said.

Embarrassed I looked down, "I will be right back" I heard Mr McKinley say before he turned around. The back muscles of Mr McKinley were very prominent. I didn't even know it was possible to get back muscles.

A couple of minutes later he returned and as he walked the tight white shirt showed how his arms that would clench and his abs were lightly seen. He was carrying a black bag and he sported the same intense look.

"I own this hotel and the room that I slept in is reserved only for me. Therefore I keep a couple of clothes in it. I assumed you don't want to get into a two hour car ride in your dress"
He tossed me the bag and I luckily caught it. "I will be downstairs" those were his final words as he exited the room.

After the door clicked shut I walked into the bathroom and took off my dress. The clothes that I got were black basketball shorts, a white tee shirt, and black slide flip flops. Nike had to be Mr McKinley favorite company since all the clothes had the Nike symbol.

After slipping on the clothes I rolled up the waistband of the shorts since it kept slipping down. The baggy white tee reached past my butt. I have never seen flipflops like this. They weren't like the t-strap flip flops that I had at home. My feet only filled in half the flip flop since it was soo big. The tag on the bottom showed how new the slipper was.

I padded my way to the bed and I grabbed my clutch and heels. I took out my phone and saw that my battery was fully charged. I didn't remember charging it. But then again, I didn't remember anything from last night. I exited the room and down the hall was the elevator and once inside I pressed the button that had the L on it. I assumed that the L stood for lobby.

Thankfully I was right since Mr McKinley stood by the receptionist desk with his eyes trained on his phone. When I stepped of the elevator is when I made eye contact with him. His brown eyes looked at me from my head to toe.

"Nate is outside" he said before walking out the main entrance. I followed after him as fast as I could since the slippers kept sliding down my feet.

When I walked out the door the bright morning sunshine made me wonder what the time was. The sunshine was long over lived since I was rushed into the waiting car.