I Miss You {43}

He chuckled at me and handed me the keys. I grabbed the keys and in excitement hugged Matt. He held on for a little too long and and I pushed him away and ran for my car.

"She's clean and I even bought some gas"

"Thank you" I said with a grateful smile.

I said goodbye to Matt and I rushed back inside. It was 5:20 and I had to hurry. I went over my nails with some white nail polish and as it dried I placed my phone and money in my clutch.

I put some lipstick and mascara on and added those to my clutch. My hair was still wet from my shower so I decided to use my blow dryer. After my braids were dry I took them out and my curls had more volume. After fluffing it out I enjoyed the smell of my hair that floated around the air. It was a nice summery mix of berries and flowers.

I attached my car key to my house key as I slipped my shoes on. The door opened and Maria walked in with her work uniform on.

"Hey! So let me see your baby?" she said referring to the car.

"It's parked outside"

"Ooo! I'm soo happy for you. Where you going" she said walking into the bathroom

"Gabby is having a med school graduation party"

She stuck her head out of the bathroom and I laughed at her face.

"Woah! When did this happen?"

"I'm actually a little late. I will explain it all when I get back"

"Wait before you leave I need to tell you a big secret"

I paused on my way to the door and I turned around to her gesturing for her to continue. I was itching to get back into my car and drive it.

"I used your laptop to watch Grey's Anatomy."

I let out out a sigh of relief and replied with a smile, "Maria it's fine. But just make sure you don't get pass Season 2. Grey's Anatomy is better to watch with other people anyways."

I walked out the door and before I shut it the muffled voice of Maria said, "You look hot by the way."

I let out a laugh and went over to my car. I was excited to drive it. I started my GPS on my phone and I set out on the quick 10 minute drive. When I pulled up to Gabby house I went through the underground parking and had to give my name to a security guard. He pressed a button and soon I stepped into a living room decorated with red and white medical decorations.

I walked around looking for a familiar face and I saw the bright smile of Gabby. She rushed over to me and engulfed me in a hug. I hugged her back and pulled away from her.

"Delilah! I'm soo happy you came. I missed you. How long has it been?"

"Couple of weeks" I said vaguely, "You look gorgeous and congratulations on Med School!"

"Yeah thanks. It took a while but it's finally over. Here come you can sit with me" she led me towards the table on the side of the room.

"This is soo creative. I like it"

"Thanks but Mel made the magic happen"

"Where is Mel?"

"I think she's in the back with Ian"

I stopped moving as I realized what she just said. He is here. I was stupid! Of course he would come to his sister's party. It all made sense. This is why he left early.

"I'm sorry I didn't know things were that bad" she said apologetically. I didn't even know what he told his family. I gave a small smile and nodded my head and she continued to lead me to the table.