Green Eyes {7}

Putting my bag over my shoulder I got up to go to the filing cabinet that I noticed before was in the right side of the room.

As I pulled open a cabinet I noticed the files were labeled with letters but were not placed in alphabetical order.

Placing everything down I started opening cabinets and noticed that some cabinets had lettered file, some didn't and others had both. Due to the way some files were placed I knew that they were often placed there by someone who was in a rush.

After what felt like hours later I finished getting all the files. I recalled the small hint of amusement in Mr McKinley eyes when I had asked him to borrow a chair to stand on.

It wasn't my fault because standing at 5 foot 3 I had an unfair advantage to the almost 6 foot filing cabinet. Where do you even find cabinets this high? And I had no choice but to check the top cabinets for more files with A-D.

Hopping of the chair I dusted off my footprints and returned the seat back to its original position while feeling Mr McKinley intense gaze on me the whole time.

Going back to the files I arranged them in order so that the folders would all be facing the same way which would make it easier to carry. Grabbing the folders in my hand I carefully stepped out the door and struggled to walk out before realizing that I had no clue where I was going.

I knew I couldn't go back and ask Mr. McKinley because I needed him to know that I could do this myself. i went down to the 20th floor and walked aimlessly around the halls. I wasn't paying attention enough to notice a door opening till it was too late.

The door knocked my arms which caused all the files to slip from my arms and and the papers fell from the folder making a huge mess.

"Noooo!" I screamed trying my hardest to save some folders. I luckily managed to save half the pile but the other pile was a mess.

The person who caused this mess got on their knees with me before apologizing and offering to help. Looking up, I noticed how he looked with his green eyes and tan skin and I could see the sincerity of his apology in his eyes

"It's okay. It's fine." Little did this green eyed man know that those words were said to make myself feel better.

"Whose files are these?"

Ignoring his question I started moving the files carefully so that the papers that were still in its folder wouldn't come out.

"Whose files are these? Maybe I can help" the nosy man persisted.

"It's Mr McKinley."

"Wait your the new PA?"

"I'm sorry but I don't have time to make conversation." I didn't want to seem rude but he was distracting me too much especially when all I could think about was my career was hanging on the line.

"It's fine. I understand but I can help. Mr McKinley files have numbers on the top. All even numbers are from folder A. All odd numbers are from folder B. Any numbers ending in 0 are folder C. And all D files have a star on the top. Like you see this paper has a 100 on it so it's from folder C"

Looking at the files I noticed the pattern and a couple of minutes later me and the tan man had all the files back into groups.

"Wow. Thank you so much. I'm Delilah" I offered as I put out my hand.

His dark green collared shirt brought out his green eyes and from the watch on his wrist I had a feeling he was rich since Mr McKinley wore the same watch.

"Delilah" He tested my name on his tongue, "I'm Connor. And you are very welcome."

"Connor do you think you could show me where the copy room is because I need to fax these documents."

"Yes of course. Follow me m'lady." Connor said as he did a little bow which caused a giggle out of me.

Grabbing most of the folders from me, we walked down the hallway. I appreciated the way he wasn't nosy and his childish sense of humor was a refresh to Mr McKinley strictness. As I finished faxing all the files I dreaded going back to the office.

"I think Ian's being hard on you on purpose" Connor said changing the topic.

"I never knew you guys were on first name basis"

"We aren't. Don't tell him I said that"

Laughing I responded, "If you guys are not friends then why do you know so much information about him. Don't tell me your a stalker."

Laughing Connor responded with, "Nope I am just really good at my job"

"Wow, your so humble" I said sarcastically

"Thanks I get that a lot"

The closer we got to the big brass doors the more nervous I got.

"Well, that's my cue" I said pointing to the door

"Darn I was enjoying our conversation. What do you say to continuing this conversation after your shift."

Looking into the bright green eyes I contemplated whether or not this was a good idea.

"Come on." he pleaded, "Dont make me beg. When's your shift over?"

"Her shift is over when I say it's over."