Touché {19}

The person turned around and I breathed a sigh of relief when I saw that it was Clyde my landlord's son.

"Jesus Delilah my ear" Clyde deep voice said

"Well that's what happens when you come into someone's home without warning them"

"I did warn you I called you 3 times." looking down I realized that I forgot to save his number into my new phone.

"Wow you look too beautiful to just stay at home. What do you say to maybe watching a movie with me?"

Ever since I moved here Clyde has been trying to go out with me. Every time he asked I would always tell him no.

"Sorry Clyde I can't I have somewhere to go" I said hoping he would get the hint.

Unfortunately he didn't and he continued to pry,"Where are you going?"

"It's just a little party for my friend. " I said telling him a complete lie in hopes of him leaving so that I could change.

"Oh well I have fun. But the main reason why I came here was to tell you that you need to pay your rent. Delilah your a nice girl and everything but I can't keep extending the date. My dad's being real difficult now. He says he needs the money by the end of this month."

"Ok I will have the money by next week Friday. Which is May 18." I was going to get paid from Mr McKinley on that day and I would drop the money off right after work.

"Alright good"

"Thank you Clyde I wouldn't even have a place to stay if it wasn't for you."

"No problem Delilah. You know I will always help you if I can"

With a slight hug, Clyde walked out the door and I rushed into my room to put on the dress. I was glad that the dress could be put on by zipping it up, since I didn't want to mess up my hair.

Searching through my drawers I found an old container of white nail polish and quickly going over my toes with it I let it air dry as I packed up my clutch.

I placed my nail polish, phone, random pens, some money, my portable charger that I received from Mr McKinley, my lipstick and powder before shutting the clutch shut.

I hobbled over in an attempt not to smudge my nail polish and I found the earrings that my uncle gave me. They were diamond drop earrings and were the most expensive thing I owned.

Placing those into my ear I fanned my face with my paper fan so I that I wouldn't sweat of my makeup. Checking my toes I saw that they were dry and I sprayed some perfume on myself before slipping on my shoes and grabbing my bag.

I pulled my ringing phone out of my clutch and I saw an unknown number ringing. The voice of Nate greeted me and I was surprised to find that he was here. Taking a couple of sips of water to cool me down I locked my door before placing my keys into my bag as I carefully walked to the black car being careful not to trip on any stones.

I was disappointed to find that Mr McKinley wasn't in the car. Seeing my face, Nate said, "Mr McKinley got caught up doing something. He will meet us there."

Settling into the car I had a feeling it was going to be a long drive. Pulling out my phone I got ready to play my secret addiction, Candy Crush. After playing for a couple of minutes I received a text from Mr McKinley.

It read, Are you inside the car?

I typed back, Yes

Almost automatically a response came back, What happened to the 'yes sir' and 'no sir'