Chapter 38

Y/N's POV

The face opposite to us is not Sri Devi. It's Atharva. Wait! How can Atharva talk in a sweet feminine voice? Is he a mimicry artist?

I and Fiez stood there. I think Fiez also wondering the same. Atharva broke the silence.

"Hey hey, I'm not the one who called" he told us pointing beside the door. Sri Devi popped from there.

"Haha" she faked a smile. We greeted and we got inside.

"Let me take a cup of coffee." Fiez said and went into the kitchen.

" Atharva wants to tell you something Y/N. He told me so I bought him here. Sri Devi said.

What he want to tell me? I think Anirudh sent him.

I looked at Atharva to open his mouth and tell something.

"Actually Y/N..." He started.

"Here's the coffee" Fiez came with four cups of coffee. She is stumbling. I took one cup for me and set it in table and took one cup to give to Atharva.

"Here" I said. He sat there like a statue. He is looking at me with no expression in his face.

"Hello.?" I waved before his face. He jerked and smiled and took his coffee. Atharva is a cool character. But he is lately acting weird. Like really weird.

" so.. What's the matter? You never visit us in home? Did Anjali sent you for something?" Fiez asked.

"Um.. No Anjali didn't sent me!" He said.

"Anirudh?" Sri Devi asked.

"No.." He said.

"Then who?" We all asked the same thing in chorus. He almost spitted his coffee. We laughed.

"Sorry" we said. Chorus.

"Drink your coffee girls. Coffee don't taste good if it's cold" he said, almost whispered. What happened to him? Anjali told that we can't control our laughter in his presence.

Atharva finished his coffee. We're still drinking ours.

"The reason that I came here is to tell the truth" he said. Then, a five minute silence. In the whole silence I can feel his eyes on me. I really felt uncomfortable. Fiez and Sri Devi also noticed.

Ah!! Now only I remember what Thivya said. She told me to call him brother and to check. But I decided against it then because he's the one who helped Anirudh! How in the world he can develop feelings for me? Or am I having something in my face?

After finished drinking my coffee, I turned my eyes to see Atharva still looking at me. His eyes are roaming on my face. I decided to call him anna (brother).

"So, what's the matter na (bro)?" I asked him.

Atharva looked at me, "nothing Y/N"

"No you told us that you're here to tell the truth BROTHER" this time I stressed very little the word "brother"

"Why calling me brother? Why a new relationship? " he asked.

"Well, just because you're older than us." I said.

"Age is just a number. Just call me like you usually call me." He said smiling.

So I took him wrong. I feel embarrassed now.

I looked at him. He is still looking at me that way. If I'm his friend then why he is looking at me this way? Or his eyes are normally like that ah?

He got a call.

"Tell me da"

" um... Now?"

" okay. I'm coming "

He cutted the call. "Sorry girls. Important meeting! I'll meet you when I have time bye" he said and drove fastly.

"I cant understand why he'd come here, why'd he stuttered and why'd he drove off that fastly. Fiez said.

" agreed" Sri and I said.