Chapter 55

Y/N's POV

I woke up from that terrifying dream! That's actually a bad dream! I look at the clock. It's 6:00 am. I decide to get out from the bed. Nobody is in the hall. Mom and sis will already in the hall get readying for their work. Oh!! I forgot it's sunday!! They're probably sleeping. Dad usually wake up at 7.

What can I do now?

Put tea?

Not in the mood.

Then go and sleep.

But I'm not feeling sleepy.

What can I do?

Text Ani.

No. He is taking rest. He worked all night for his new film.

Let's draw rangoli.

Nice idea.

I brushed my teeth and washed my face. I went out with so many colour kolam powders. I arranged them beside me and started to draw the outline with white powder. After ten minutes I finshed the outline and started to fill the inside with colour powders.

My hair keeps on falling to my face. I got annoyed to get out from my face.

Finnaly I finished my kolam(pic above).

I stood up to take a look at my finished kolam.

"Wow" I heard a voice say.

I turned to see all my friends standing with their messy hairs and night dress. Well, I'm also standing with my night dress and messy braid.

They all laughing at me. Why?

"Haha wait let me take a photo" Fiez said as she took a pic.

"Hey what ma? Why are you laughing?" I asked as I looked at her phone. My face is covered with green,red and orange kolam powders.

"Hey delete it" I said but She ran away from me. I chased her and we started to play run and chase game in our area which made our area people wake up. We ran into my house when we heard people unlocking their maindoors.

"Who's that disturbing us even in sunday??" A old lady shouted.

We laughed silenty as we entered into my room and washed our faces.

We just discussed about our studio which we're going to see tomorrow. Can wait for it! Aww!!

We decided to cook breakfast by team. I first put some tea and gave to them. After some time, we started to make breakfast. We decide not to make dosas or idlys. We decide to make some fried eggs, french toast and potato hash browns. My sister loves it and my mom also like these. My dad won't eat Western foods.

I heard my mom, dad and sis woke up. After they brushed their teeth and bathed. We served the breakfast.

"Mmm super ma. You actually learnt to cook tasty before marriage" my mom said. I blushed and my friends giggled.

"We made this as a team work" I said.

"Ohh! Good work ma" my mom said to my friends.

After eating they all started to watch tv and my friends went to their homes. They didn't even bath! Wait! Did I bath?? I quickly went inside my bathroom with a towel and started bathing. When I was changing, I heard some conversation in the hall.

" Y/N finshed her college, the reporters keep on asking when will Ani and Y/N marriage will be held? Now we're also thinking about that. So when can we held our engagement date?" I heard Ani's mom asking. Yea engagement!!!!

I jumped silently.

"The priest said that next month first week friday is a very good day for engagement." Ani's dad said.

"Umm... But Y/N's elder sister is still... Um how can we held marriage for Y/N when Y/N's sister is still not married." My mom said not sure of what to say.

"Ah! It's not a problem. Please held Y/N's marriage first" I heard my sister said.

" but.."

"Ma..come out from traditional things." My sis said.

"Say yes Y/N 's mom" Ani's mom said.

" okay. The engagement will be held in the marked date and we'll mark a date for their marriage" I heard my father said.

I jumped once again.

"Is Y/N still bathing?" Ani's mom said.

I quickly came out from my room. I noticed that Ani is there too. He is blushing. Aww!! So cute!!

Ani's mom walked near me and she pinned jasmine flower in my head.

I extended my hand to her feet and she blessed me.
And they went. Ani waved me bye and he too went with his parents.

Yay!!! Engagement!! We're going to marry soon. My sister told me what happened and I ate my breakfast so happily. I started dancing like Rithika Singh in Irudhi Sutru film.

I went outside to buy a big chocolate to "sweet edu kondaadu (take sweet and celebrate)"

I went to the shop. It's open. What I love about this shop is they'll open it 24×7 even its a small shop.

I buyed a biggg chocolate I mean very big. It's a limited edition. I walked back to my home, a car which looks familiar stopped kust a inch distance from me. I was so scared. I freezed. Suriya and Atharva came out from the car. Argh! Again them!

"Hey! So now.."

"Look! I'm going to marry Ani! Their parents even talked today with my parents. I'm just going to celebrate that!" I cutted off Suriya showing them my chocolate.

Oh. What if Suriya takes his gun and shoots me for cutting off him and talking?

"Hey! What? Do you want Ani to die ah?" Suriya asked with so much of anger in his eyes.

"Stop it Suriya" Atharva said.

Suriya looked at him puzzled.

"Don't Suriya!" Atharva once again warned him.

"What da? I'm taking all this risk only for you" Suriya said.

"Suriya just go inside the car" Atharva ordered. Suriya went into the car pissed off.

Atharva came near me.

"I'm sorry Y/N. I was such a stupid! How can I marry a girl who going to marry Ani and everyone knows it? And my heart is aching when it remembers the time I and Ani spent. Now I and Suriya won't disturb you. This is a promise. And.... Ani won't be happy to see my presence in your engagement day or marriage day.... So happy married life...." He said with tear drops in his eyes. He gave me a big bouquet of flowers and went inside the car and drove fastly.

I just stood like. "Is it my imagination? Or is it real?"