Always

(A/N: PREPARE FOR THE FEELS! I cried while writing this. Play the music of you want. I thought it helps with the setting.)

       I woke up this morning. I decided to go see Jack. I was going to surprise him today. I went down to the shop and bought some flowers. I decided to call Mark.
(Phone conversation)
M: Hey (Y/N).
Y: Hey Mark. I was going to go see Jack today. Want to come?
M: Sure I'll be there in about 1 hour.
Y: Okay. See you then. Love you.
M: Okay. Love you too. Bye.
Y: Bye.
(End)
  I hung up and got back in my car. The flowers I bought filled the car with sweet smells. I finally arrived and parked. I grabbed the flowers and got out. I walked for a little while and then I got there. I sat down and laid the flowers down and looked at my phone. Mark should be here in about 20 minutes.
     "Hey Jack. How are you doing? I'm doing okay. Life has been hard. I got fired from my job. Mark said he would help me keep the house. I could never leave that house. It helps me feel like I'm with you. I miss you Jack." I said starting to cry. I was holding on to the tombstone with my hands, tear falling in the dirt below me. Then someone sat down next to me, rubbing my back. It was Mark. I looked up with tears staining my eyes.
     I grabbed onto Mark and hugged him and cried into his shoulder. "Why do people drive drunk! If it wasn't for that stupid drunk driver Jack would still be here!" I cried. "I understand (Y/N). I don't know why people do it either. Jack was and still is my best friend. I miss him a lot too." Mark said. His voice started cracking. He was crying too. I kissed him. Mark was my boyfriend and Jack was my brother.
      "I promise I'll take care of her Jack." Mark said. Then a cold breeze blew. My mom always said that means a spirit is hugging you. Whenever me and Mark came here, it always happened. "Thanks Jack. I miss you so much." I stuttered. "I miss you too bud." Mark spoke. The breeze happened again.
     "I'm moving in with (Y/N) so we can keep the house. I'm going to help her. I'll be the best boyfriend I can. I promise." Mark said putting an arm around me. "Jack? Please always be there for me. Even if your gone from my eyes. Your not gone in my heart. I need you." I spoke out again. The breeze blew once again. We sat there in silence for a couple minutes. Enjoying the presence of each other and Jack.
      Dark clouds started rolling in. Signaling rain was coming. I didn't want to leave. We sat there until it started raining. "I really don't want to go bud but I don't want your sister getting sick." Mark said. "I don't want to leave." I said putting one hand on the tombstone. "I know sweetheart but I don't want you to get sick." Mark said. "I'll see you soon buddy." Mark said and patted the tombstone. He then shivered. He felt the breeze. He stood up and waited for me.
     "Bye Jack. I'll miss you. I love you. I'll always keep you with me. Always." I said shakily. Hugging the tombstone. I then felt the breeze. I stood up. My eyes locked on jacks name carved into stone. Mark grabbed my hand and intertwined our fingers. "Bye." Mark spoke softly. "Bye Jack." I said and waved. We then turned and began to walk away. "I walked here. Is it okay if I drive you?" Mark said. "Okay." I said. Fresh tears falling.
      Mark opened my door and I got in. He went to the drivers side and got in. He turned my head towards his and wiped my tears with his sleeve and kissed my forehead. Then he began to drive.
     We reached my house and he opened my door again. "Is it okay if I stay with you tonight?" Mark asked. I nodded and he brought me in. I took off my shoes and coat and went to the couch.
    I grabbed the picture of me and Jack on the beach. I looked at it. This picture was taken 1 year before the accident. I was on his back and the waves in the background. This was such a great time with my brother. We had so much fun. Jack lived with me before he died. We figured since we were brother and sister it would be fun. Now that he is gone, it's so empty. After I finished looking at the picture I hugged it.
    Mark came and sat next to me. He hugged me. I was crying. Mark then let go and wiped me tears with his thumbs. He kissed me softly. "I know it's hard (Y/N). Just remember that he is always with us. No matter what." He said hugging me again. When he let go, I took one more good look at the picture. "I love you Jack." I whispered and kissed the picture. I sat the picture back down in its original place. Mark put his arm around me and pulled me close. We sat like this until we both decided to go to bed.

   A/N: Go ahead. Let the tears flow. I thought of this today and I knew people were going to cry. I'm sorry.❤️
                       ~Kaylee