Gone in a heartbeat.

Me and Jack were sitting on the couch on our social media. Me being 42 and Jack being 45 years old. Jack retired from his job of YouTube. All technology was being updated too fast. People weren't as interested anymore as they used to. Jack finally decided to wrap it up. Mark had also finished up his career recently.
    We had two kids. Sammy, our 15 year old daughter and Austin, our 12 year old son. They both went to school today. Me and Jack had online jobs so we got to stay home. It was a pretty quiet day, which was odd. Normally Mark would be asking to do something. Now to think about it, I haven't heard from Mark for a while. "Hey Jack?" "Yea?" Jack answered, coming in and sitting next to me. "Have you heard from Mark recently?" I questioned. Turning to meet his presence. "Last time I heard from his was about three days ago. Have you?" "No I haven't. That's why I asked." "Do you want to call him?" "Sure." I said. I turned and grabbed my phone and dialed his number. Jack came and sat next to me. I put the phone to my ear and looked into Jack's eyes, he returned my look. The phone began to ring. Once, twice, three, four, five, voicemail. I sighed and hung up. I looked up Jack, worry written across his face. "I'm sure he's okay. We will hear from him in a few days I bet." I smiled, hoping for the best. Jack grabbed my hands and nodded, putting on a smile. "Come on. The kids should be home anytime soon." I said and stood up. I went to the living room and Jack followed.
   Sammy gets off about 10 minutes before Austin since she is in high school. She walks over to the middle school to pick him up and then they both walk home. Its only like a five minute walk so we let them do it.
     Jack and I sat down on the couch. Just then, the kids walked in. Sammy comes in and throws her stuff down and comes and sits on the couch. "Drama?" I ask. "Yup. Don't ask." She said, typing away on her phone. Jack and I laughed which caused a small laugh from her. Austin came in and put his stuff down. He walked over to the couch and began playing on his tablet. Jack and I looked at the kids and then at each other and laughed. Jack turned on the news so we had something to do.
      The news was pretty boring. Just story's about money and government, until something caught my attention. "YouTube sensation Mark Edward Fishbach found dead in his apartment yesterday." The tv spoke. I gasped and Sammy and Austin looked at me and Jack in confusion. Jack turned up the tv super loud and sat up on his knees. I was sitting straight up with my hands on my mouth. "Mom? Dad?" Sammy said softly. Both of the kids weren't old enough to know Mark so they didn't know why we were upset. "He was found with cut wrists. He had committed suiside. We found a note on the couch next to him. It reads:
Dear whoever finds me,
      I did this to myself. I committed suiside. I want you to tell my mom and brother not to worry about me. I did this for my own good. I love them both very much. They are amazing. Tell Felix and Marzia to keep staying strong and thank them for being such great friends. Tell Jack and (Y/N) that I love the both. They are such amazing people. Tell them to stay happy. Tell Sammy and Austin that even though I haven't seen them for a while that they have amazing parents and they need to finish up school with good grades. To my fans, tell them I love them. They helped me grow as a person. They helped me through a lot of tough times in my life. Tell them to stay strong and help others. Everyone is amazing and I love them all.
   More news, coming up next." The news man finished. My eyes began to gloss over as a sob came out. "No..." I whispered. I looked over at Jack. More tears began to come, I began to cry. Jack grabbed me and hugged me tight. I cried onto his shoulder as he cried into mine. "What's going on." Sammy asked, nervousness in her voice. Jack and I let go. We turned to Sammy and Austin. They both looked at us with fear in their eyes. I began to cry harder as I looked at them. I motioned them over and they both jumped up and ran to us. I hugged them both. After a minute I let them go. They both sat there and looked at Jack and I. I turned to look at Jack. He had stopped crying but sadness was all over his face. He hugged me from behind and I held Sammy's hand with one hand and Austin's hand with my other. "Mark was one of your fathers best friends. He was one of my best friends also. He was such a great man with such a kind heart. He met you both when Austin was just born and Sammy was about 3 but he hasn't seen you guys since then. He was such an inspiration. He did YouTube just like your father. That's who you guys would hear him talking to sometimes and that who he went to visit when he went to conventions. I just wish I could have helped." I finished, tearing up again. Jack hugged me tighter and wiped my eyes. The kids cuddled up with us and joined the hug. I'll never forget Mark.