Coming home

It's been five months since I've seen Mark. He was deployed for a year so I won't be seeing him any time soon. It's hard. I miss his laugh and smile. I just miss him. My phone began to ring, interrupting my thoughts. "Hello?" I spoke. "Hey sweetie. How are you?" "I'm good. How about you?" "Well I was kinda hoping we could go out today, maybe to the mall?" "Like a Mother daughter day? Sure. I would love that." "Great. I'll be there about three. Love you." I glanced at the clock. It was 11am. "Awesome. Love you too. Bye Mom." "Bye sweetheart." She finished and I hung up. At least this might get my mind off Mark for a while.
     I ate breakfast and then I got in the shower. When I was done I began to get ready. I picked out some jeans and a simple (f/c) shirt and threw it on. I then sat down at my dresser and began to do my makeup. Before I began, I glanced at the picture of Mark and I about two months before he left. I picked it up and looked at it closely for a little while. "I miss you Mark. Please stay safe." I whispered than sat the picture down. I then did my makeup.
       I finished up and then put away my makeup. I looked at the clock, it was 2:30. Perfect timing. I walked to the living room and sat on the couch. I scrolled through all of my social media for a while until the doorbell rang. I leaped up of the couch and opened the door. "Hi sweetie." My mom said as she hugged me. "Hey Mom." I said as I hugged her back. "Ready?" She asked. "Absolutely." I said with smile. We got in the car and talked about random things until we arrived at the mall. Mark never came up in our conversation so I was kinda happy.
       We walked into all of the different stores. We bought a few things from a couple of different places. We then walked to the food court and ordered some food and sat down. "How have been holding up?" My mom asked. "I'm doing okay." I said with a smile. "Good. I know being without Mark is hard but your doing really good." She said. "Thanks." I said.             
     We finished eating and cleaned up. We wanted to go to a couple of more stores before we left. She practically dragged me into Rue 21. I watched as she looked at the clothes and and picked up a couple and laid them over her arm. "I'm going to try these on. While I'm in there I want you to pick some stuff out and try them on too. Please?" She said with hopeful eyes. "Alright." I laughed and she smiled and walked to the changing rooms.
    I found a couple of cute shirts and I even found this really pretty dress. I was in love with it. "You ready?" My mom asked. "Yup! I'm going to save the dress for last because I love it the most." I said while admiring the dress. She laughed and brought me back to the changing rooms.
    15 minutes of me trying on clothes of all sorts went by. "I'm trying on the dress now. It's the last thing I have." I yelled through the door. "Okay." My mom said back. I put it on and looked in the mirror. I was absolutely in love. I opened the door. "Okay, what do you thi..." I faded as I seen who was standing there. "I love it." A mans voice said. It was Mark. A smiled plastered onto my face as I ran to him. I jumped in his arms. He was holding me up and I heard my moms phone camera go off a couple of times. I didn't care. I was happy he was home. "How did you come home so early?" I asked while crying into his shoulder. "Well they said they didn't need me anymore so they sent me home." He chuckled. He sat me down and wiped my tears. "Get the dress and anything else you want. My treat." He smiled. I ran back into the changing room and got back into my normal clothes. I grabbed the clothes that I liked and I left the room. I was so shaky and happy. He grabbed my hand and led me to the counter. My mom followed. "Here Mrs.(L/N). I'll buy your stuff too." He said with a smile. "Thank you Mark." She said as she sat down her things on the counter as well. When she was done checking us out, we left.
    "You go with Mark. I'll drive my car home." My mom said hugging me. "Alright. Thank you Mom." I said. "Anytime sweetie. She said as she got in her car and left. I turned to Mark. He just smiled at me. I walked up to him and hugged him again. I was so happy he was home. He walked me to his car. We both got in and he turned to me. He grabbed my face gently and kissed me. Once he pulled away he looked me in the eyes and said "I missed that the most."

(A/N: Sorry for the late update. Exams and stuff. School is almost over so then I can update more.😁)
             ~Kaylee