We will always be there

Mark and Jack were your best friends. They were there for you when you needed them, they always texted you and kept you company, all of us would go do something together, and so much more. We were like an inseparable trio. If any of us needed something, we would do it. We all needed each other.
    I woke up one morning. I looked out the window at the beautiful sun. Oh no. The sun. Reached for my phone. "No." I said softly. It was 9am. I'm supposed to be at work 2 hours ago. I forgot to set an alarm. I jumped up quickly and got ready, already thinking of excuses I could tell my boss.
     I entered the building. I walked carefully until I ran into him. "Your late." He voice echoed in my head. "I can explain." I said with pleading eyes. "I don't want to hear another one of your sob stories (Y/N). Your fired." He said and turned away immediately, leaving me speechless. I turned and walked back to my car sadly.
    I was about 5 minutes away from my house when my car started to slow down. "No. Come on. Not today." I pleaded. I eventually gave up and pulled over on the side of the road. I leaned my head on the steering wheel and tears began to form. "Why me? Why today?" I questioned and sat there thinking about what to do. I then heard a ding. Jack texted me.
Hey! What's up?   The message said. I just looked at it and didn't even bother to respond. He could tell when I open a message so he knew I ignored him. What's wrong? You don't normally ignore me... He said and again I didn't want to worry them about where I am. I called a tow truck for my car. Then I put my phone on silent.
    Once the tow truck took my car, I walked home. It took me about 15 minutes because I went super slow. I trudged into my house and threw off my shoes and slumped on the couch. I just wanted to cry, so I did. Then I remembered about Jack and Mark. I took out my phone and looked. 22 missed calls and 15 texts from Jack and 16 missed calls and 24 texts from Mark. I felt really bad. I decided to call Jack.
   I clicked the call button and it didn't even finish the first ring before it was picked up. "(Y/N)!" Mark shouted. "We were so worried about you." Jack said. "You guys are together?" I asked with my shaky voice from crying. "Well as soon as you ignored me I knew something was up so I texted Mark and he tried and didn't succeed so he came over." Jack explained. "What's wrong." Marks voice asked. I began to cry again. "Just please come over." I said. My voice cracked a few times. They both said okay in unison and hung up. It wasn't but 5 minutes later that there was a knock at my door.
     I used all of my strength I had left to get up. I was weak and sobbing. I couldn't help it. I opened the door to see both of the boys with concern in there eyes. I just walked away and sat on the couch and curled up into a ball and cried. I heard the door shut softly and rushed footsteps coming towards me. I felt the couch dip on both sides of me as they sat down. "What happened?" Jack said softly rubbing my back and Mark rubbed my knee. "I forgot to set an alarm and I went to work late and I got fired." I paused. "(Y/N). I'm so sor-" I cut Jack off. "There's more. I was driving home and my car broke down. I was sitting in my car when you texted me. I didn't want you guys to have to come all that way to pick me up so I didn't respond. I called a tow truck and they took my car. When they left I walked home and called you." I finished and began to cry again. Mark and Jack just hugged me from both sides. They made me feel safe, like nothing bad could ever happen even though it was. "We will help you out with anything you need." Mark said. "Thank you so much." I said. "Come on." Jack said standing up and so did Mark. "Huh?" I questioned. "Your coming back to my house and you, me, and Mark are going to have a movie night." Jack said extending his arm for mine. I slightly smiled and took his hand. "There's that beautiful smile of yours." Mark said. I smiled some more and shook my head. Mark and Jack laughed and brought me out to the car.
    When we got back to Jack's house I sat in the couch. "Okay. Mark, please go make popcorn." Jack asked kindly. "Sure thing!" Mark exclaimed and happily went to the kitchen. Jack then brought up Netflix and handed me the remote. "Nope. You pick it. It's your house." I said pushing the remote away but he didn't back down. "We will want anything you want to watch (Y/N)." Jack said and putting the remote in my hand. "Yea we will." Mark said boldly as he returned with 2 big bowls of popcorn. I eventually picked out (f/m). Mark and Jack were on both sides of me. I'm so lucky I have friends like them.

(A/N: Okay so I have a lot, and I mean A LOT of chapters coming up. Me and AlyssaPfeilsticker were FaceTiming and coming up with a bunch of amazing ideas that I am super excited about soooo be ready!😁 Also, I made a new cover for this book so I hope you like it!)
                ~Kaylee