The first day

"Come on Sam!" Jack yells from the kitchen. I'm sitting in the living room packing up her book bag. "But Dad..." She whined walking down the stairs. "You will be fine Hunny. I promise today will be fun." Jack said to our daughter Sam. It was her first day of kindergarten. "Sweetheart your going to have a blast and we will be there right after the day is over to pick you up." You said putting the book bag on her back. "Promise?" She asked. Me and Jack were both knelt down in front of her. "Promise." Me and Jack said simultaneously. She smiled and lightened up. "Let's go! We don't want to be late!" Jack said bopping Sam on the nose lightly. She giggled and nodded. She grabbed my hand as I walked her out to the car. Jack following behind.
    I got her in and buckled her up and then I got in myself. "Ready Sam?" I asked. "I'm ready." She responded sweetly. Me and Jack smiled at each other and he began to drive. The ride was silent with the light music playing from the radio. Sam's school wasn't far so we got there quickly. She unbuckled and grabbed her book bag, leaning to the front set and kissing me and then Jack. She jumped out of the car and closed the door. She met up with her teacher and she smiled and waved. That's when we drove off. "Our little baby just started school." Jack said grabbing my hand. "I know. It's crazy." I said staring out the window. I took of work today so I could be here. We got home and Jack went to record videos and I sat down and watched some tv. We did this for about two hours until Jack came out. "Do you want me to cook some lunch for us?" Jack asked. "No it's okay, I'll make it." I said about to get up off of the couch. "No. I want you to relax. Today is your day off. You deserve it. I'll make it." He said with a smile. I nodded and laid down. He grabbed a blanket and covered me up and kissed my forehead. I have to admit, it felt nice to relax.
   Jack soon came back with peanut butter sandwiches and chips. "Here you go." He handed the plate to me and he sat down next to me. "I can't believe our little girl is in kindergarten." Jack said. "I know. She's growing up so fast." I said. Jack nodded. We soon finished and he took our plates to the kitchen and came back and sat down next to me. He put his arm around me and I laid my head on his shoulder. "It's almost time to get Sam." I said. "I know." He said and pulled me closer to him.
    About ten minutes later we got up and went to the car to pick up Sam. We arrived at her school about five minutes early. We sat in line waiting for the school to dismiss. When the school bells rang, Sam and another little girl came out. They were laughing with each other. When Sam got to the car, the hugged and Sam got in. "Mommy! Daddy! You came!" She exclaimed. "I told you we would be here!" I said back. She smiled. "Who was the girl you were with?" Jack asked her. "That's my new friend. Her name is Crystal. She wants to come over and play sometime!" She said happily. "Awesome! Mommy and I will meet her parents one day and maybe she can come and play then!" Jack said with a smile.
     When we got home Sam went up to her room to color. "I'm so happy she made a friend." I said. "Me too. I knew she would." Jack said. "Do you want to go color with her?" I asked. Jack smiled and nodded. We both went to Sam's room. "Can Mommy and I color with you?" Jack asked. "Yea!" She shouted getting some more paper for us. We both went and sat at her little table and began to color. "Look! I drew us!" Sam said. She had drew a picture of Me, Jack, and her all on the beach. "Wow Sam! I love it!" I said. She put the picture to the side and started to draw another. Me and Jack looked at each other and smiled. The rest of the night me, Jack, and Sam did things together.