Why Mark?

"Hey (Y/N), I'm going out with some buddy's tonight. I'll be back late so don't worry." Mark said with a smile as he put on his shoes. Jack was in town so they wanted to have a guys night. "Alright. Be safe. Love you." I said kissing his cheek. "I will. Love you too sweetheart." He laughed and walked out the door. I had no idea I just made the worst mistake of my life.

  I woke up to the sun shining into the window onto my face. My eyes opened and searched my surroundings. Mark wasn't next to me. I assume he is just recording. I jumped up and went downstairs to his recording room. I knocked on the door but heard no response. I opened slightly looking for Mark. No sign of him. I ran all over the house looking for him. Nothing. Thoughts started racing through my head. 'What happened? Why isn't he here? Did he leave? Did he even come home last night? Oh god.'
    I ran out into the bed room and scrambled to my cell phone. I clicked the on button. I had three missed call from the hospital and two from Jack. I started to shake as I called Jack. It rang a couple of times until he finally picked up. (Your talking will be in bold and Jack's will be in italics.)
(Y/N)? Thank god.
Jack? What happened? Where's Mark?
Um. Come down to the hospital and I'll explain. I'll meet you in the lobby."
O-Okay. I-I'll leave now.
    I hung up the phone and slid on a pair of flip flops and grabbed my keys and phone and ran out the door. I didn't even care that I was still in my pjs and my hair was a mess. I needed to see Mark.
   While driving my car to the hospital, I let tears soak my cheeks as I kept my eyes on the road. I finally arrived at the hospital. I found the closest parking spot and jumped out of my car. I ran towards the front door. I pushed through the heavy glass doors and searched the waiting room frantically with my eyes for a bright green haired Irishman. I finally found him as he walked out of the bathroom. I ran to him and hugged him tightly. He got scared at first but then he realized it was me and hugged back. "Where's Mark?" I struggled out. Jack walked me to some chairs and sat me down.
   "Last night, there were these girls, who were clearly drunk, they bought us all drinks. I agreed not to drink with Mark so he wouldn't be alone. The others drank the drinks but me and Mark didn't. A couple minutes later I went to the bathroom. When I came back, both mine and Mark's drinks were gone. I asked what happened and the boys said they convinced him too, so he drank them both. I immediately took Mark here and I have been here since last night. We tried calling you but I told them you must be asleep and I would call you in the morning, but you beat me to it." Jack explained. Tears began to well up in his eyes. "They took Mark and said they were going to drain his system before anything could happen. I haven't heard anything." Jack finished up, tears streaming down his face.
   "Thank you Jack. Thank you so much for doing what you did." I said rubbing his back softly as tears began falling from my eyes. He nodded and we sat there in silence for a while, just waiting for any news about Mark.
    It wasn't long before a doctor came out. "Are you the friends or family of Mark Edward Fischbach?" The doctor spoke out. We both nodded and stood. "Follow me." The doctor began to walk as me and Jack followed closely behind. He stopped and opened the door he was standing in front of. When he opened the door, we seen Mark. He was hooked up to many different wires as his chest heaved up and down slowly and his eyes shut softly. "Oh my gosh." I whispered, walking towards Mark and sitting in one of the chairs next to him. Jack let out a light gasp and sat in the chair next to me.
    "Even though he looks bad now, he will be okay. You brought him in with just enough time for us to help him. He will wake up soon. When he does, we will do a couple tests and then he will be free to go." The doctor said, his voice ringing in my ears. I nodded and he left the room. "Jack. You did it. You saved Mark." I said letting tears begin to flow again. "Wow." Jack said softly.

(There will be a part 2. Don't worry.😋)