The letter

~ Marvel's: Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D S01 E05. Girl in a flower dress~

May's POV

If anyone ever asked them, which moment they thought agent Melinda May would really kill anyone, they might have said today was that day. They had all got back to the bus to find Miles knocked out in the interrogation room. And there was no sight of Skye anywhere in the bus. Coulson was barking out orders, meanwhile I turned my steps towards the cockpit. I slammed the door open and sat down in my seat, starting up the engine, soon we were up in the air.

Once up in the air I took a deep breath, trying to calm down a little and that's when I saw it. The dancing hula girl, one of the few things that Skye owned. It was dancing in front of me and was really out of place. That's when I started to look around myself.

If Skye had left her hula girl here, then there would be something else too. It was then that my eyes landed on the envelope on the copilot seat. I reached my hand out to picked it up opening it. I pulled out the letter recognizing Skye's handwriting right away.

~Agent May. If you are reading this I guess I managed to disappear just as planned, not that I ever doubt it. You are probably also wondering why I decided to write to you and not Coulson or FitzSimmons or even Ward. The answer is quite easy. You were the only one that didn't really trust me in the first place, you were also there when it happened, so I'm guessing you may of have heard parts of what was going down between me and Miles.

And after how the others reacted to my betrayal I thought neither of them would listen to my last words. Inside this envelope there is a DS drive, in it is the one and only reason as to why I joined the Rising Tide, there's also why I accepted Coulson's proposal, to become a consultant without even thinking twice. As you might have heard from time to time that I spent time at an orphanage and a few foster homes.

To be fair, it was more like a new family every other week. I was sent to a family and they would send me back just a few days later. The longest I ever stayed with a family was a month, and that was out of pure luck. I lost the count on how many times I run away from the family, that I was with, to find my own way back to the orphanage, why you might ask. I did it when I realized that they would send me back anyway.

Same goes for how many times I have been beaten up. I'm really something huh? I was so naive back then, I always went back thinking that the next family was going to be the one. But it never was, the next family was just worse than the last one. I was spending more times at the hospital with broken arms or legs, then most kids and I had to lie about what happened every time.

Once I turned 16 I finally had enough after... Well I think I will save that part for myself forever. Anyway, I got a hold of my van. My first real home, the first place I have ever felt safe at. Soon after I managed to win my laptop and that's when I found out I was good with computers. It did not take long before I learned how to hack, and that's when they found me.

The Rising Tide. They took me in, Miles took me under his wings, showing me how to become an even better hacker then I already was. He becomes someone I trusted with all my heart, but I really should of have known better. I see that now. I managed to hack into S.H.I.E.L.D easily, looking for something for a few Rising Tide members, and that's when I found it.

The redacted file from S.H.I.E.L.D. A file that was about me, a file I have more a less been looking for since I started to hack. All I ever wanted to do was to find my parents, however, the only lead there is about them is in that file. Although you don't have to worry. I'm gone now and you guys will never see me again.

I'm giving up on the hacking and I'll try to find a normal work. I just want to live a normal life. The only thing is, I really had thought that I had finally found the closest thing I could ever get to a family here on the bus. But it seems like I'm cursed or something. If you still are reading Agent May I'm quite surprised, but also glad that someone now knows the truth, well... almost all... the name I was given at the orphanage was Mary-Sue Poots. And now you know why I changed it to Skye. Goodbye Agent May, I will miss you all and thank you.~

I looked at the letter on my hands and I blinked. So many different feelings had gone through me as I had read the letter, and I had a small pain in my heart. Why I didn't really know. It had been as Skye had said, I had never trusted the young woman, or did I? She had grown a little on me, for the small amount of time she had been on board the bus. And now this letter.

I took the envelope and looked inside, and as Skye had said there was a DS card in there. I stretch for the tablet I had in the cockpit and put it in. Files started to show up on the screen. A lot of them was about a small girl named Mary-Sue Poots, moving from one house to another. She had a few other names along the way too.

But I also find the rejected file she had been talking about, I took a good look at it, trying to get anything out of it but with no luck. The person who had done the file was good. I could soon hear a knock on the door. "Yes?" I said as I quickly closed the tablet hiding it together with Skye's letter and the hula dancer away as Coulson opened the door.

"We have a new mission." He says and hands over a piece of paper to me and I took it. "Is everything alright?" Coulson asked and I nod my head. "Yes, everything is alright." I simply said and Coulson nods his head, not really believing me, but he turned and walked out from the cockpit once more.

I started to change the course and once we were on the new one I took out my phone. If anyone could help me find out what was hiding in that redacted file, that Skye had found, it would be Director Fury himself.