Late night talk

Daisy/Skye POV

"Dinner smells amazing as ever Pepper!" I called out, walking into the kitchen that evening. Natasha, Clint and May following after me, the three had not really left one another's side since lunch. "Thank you, Daisy." Pepper said with a smile, looking up from what she was working on and I walked over to her side. Leaning forward I took in the smell of the food and smile even bigger.

"I got to say, I have really missed your food Pep." I told her, standing up tall once more. "Only my food?" Pepper asked, lifting one eyebrow towards me. "Of course I have missed you to Pep, how could you even think something like that?" I asked her, hugging her tightly. "Now, how much longer are we to wait for this food?" I then asked as I stepped away from Pepper.

"Well, the faster you could find the rest of the people in this house the faster we could eat." Pepper told me, smiling big I turned around and headed out from the kitchen once more. I didn't need to ask Jarvis where to find the last three missing people of the Avengers tower. Tony and Bruce had been hiding in the labs since after lunch and after we all had helped out to clean it up. "Oi! Science nerds! Pepper said dinner is ready!" I called into the lab, not staying long enough to get an answer.

The gym was my next stop, knowing that Steve would most likely be here than anywhere else in the tower. As I was getting closer to the gym I could hear the rhythm of someone hitting a bag and I smiled. Opening the door, I could see Steve going around against one of the many sand bags Tony had brought. "If you are done giving that poor thing a real beating, Pepper would like you to know that the dinner is ready." I called into the room, seeing how Steve jumped a little.

"Sneaking up on people is not nice Daisy." Steve told me, and I just rolled my eyes. "Who has ever said I'm a nice person Steve? Now hurry up! I really want to eat some of Peppers food again!" I told him before I turned around and walked towards the dining room. Reaching it I could see that Pepper, Natasha, Clint and May were already sitting down. "They are on the way." I told them, sitting down in my usual chair beside Pepper.

"Good, do you think we need Jarvis to remind them?" Natasha asked, turning my head towards her I could see that she had ended up between May and Clint. May didn't seem to be all too happy over something at the moment and Clint didn't really know where he was going to look. "You don't have to." Steve said, walking into the room with Tony and Bruce after him. Maria had left some time after lunch, mumbling something about Fury making her take care of some rookie mistakes.

"Well then, let's eat." Pepper said, smiling big as the last three members of the team sat down. Conversation were soon flowing smoothly, and it seemed like everyone was having a good time. Falling into the old routine I could feel how I was growing more tired.

With the constant worry that someone else except for May and Fitz would walk in and see me without the mask on was slowly fading. Along side with the stress level I had ended up with to make sure I wouldn't let anything about me and my team slip. The last energy I had have had gone into the Heavy Rain operation.

Zoning out the team around me I kept my eyes on my plate, just looking at the food. A hand suddenly on my shoulder pulled me back into reality, looking up a bit I could see Pepper looking at me with worried eyes. "Daisy, are you alright?" She asked, and I nodded my head.

Pepper narrowed her eyes and lean back a little. "The truth Daisy." She said, making the rest of the team looking at me. "I think I should just go and sleep." I said, it would be easier just to get away from them. Telling them everything else would just be to much.