Reasons why

Clint Barton POV

Once Melinda had us up in the air I could see how Natasha ended the call with Fury, moving everything she would need to a tablet she left the room. Knowing my partner well enough I knew she was heading for the cockpit to join Melinda. Looking around myself I could also see how Tony and Bruce were leaving the room together with Fitz and the young woman I still didn’t know the name of. Steve had already left the room and I guessed he had gone to find a sand bag to hit. “I’ll make sure we have something to eat.” Pepper said in a low voice, turning my head towards her I nod my head.

“I think that would be a good idea.” I told her, Pepper gave me a small smile before she walked out from the room. Turning my head towards the last person in the room I crossed my arms as my eyes narrowed. “I presume you have your own office on this plane?” I asked Coulson, my question was short and directly to the point. Coulson nodded his head as an answer before he turned to walk out from the room, following after him I made sure to have a quick look around. Coulson opened the door to his office and I could not help but to roll my eyes at the sight in front of me. Some things never change, I remember how his office had looked like back at S.H.I.E.D. and it looked like he had even more collectives in this office.

Closing the door behind myself I could see that Coulson had sat down behind his desk. Taking the chair in front of the desk I looked Coulson directly in the eyes. “Why didn't you tell us you were alive?" I then asked him, my eyes narrowed once more. “I had my orders from Fury.” Coulson answered, and I could not help but to roll my eyes. “Since when have you followed orders like that? I remember you telling both me and Tasha about things that we did not have clearance to know about because you thought it would be best if we did." I pointed out, crossing my arms once more. “And another thing. What were you thinking when you went after Loki alone? You are not a field agent, this is one of the many reasons as to why you have me and Tasha.” I then added.

“I have tried to contact you and Natasha on more than one occasion. However, Fury seems to know whenever I was about to do it. And for the second question, it's quite simple. No one else was taking action towards Loki so someone had to do it. It all worked out in the end. I got a few weeks of RR on Tahiti and then this plane." Coulson answered the questions, making me shake my head. “It was still a stupid ass decision. You could have gotten them to work together without getting yourself killed in the progress.” I told him as I let out a heavy sigh in the progress.

“Well, that is in the past now. The question I'm most interested in is how you guys ended up with Daisy." Coulson then said in a try to change the subject. “Quite the fire power, yeah?” I commented, a smile finally found its way to my lips something that made Coulson roll his eyes. “How long has she even been with you guys? I have no memory of ever seeing someone having around Maria either that could have been a rookie." Coulson then continued to say. “Fury assigned her to us after New York. They needed someone that would be able to report back to him or Maria on the things we were doing and at the same time he needed someone that could keep us all in line.” I explained, my smile now turning into a grin.

“Why do I get the feeling Fury has come to regret this decision at least once a weak?" Coulson asked, more to himself then too me in that moment. However, my grin just grown bigger at the question. “Well you know us, we like to create as much trouble as possible, beside you have spent a couple of months with Daisy now, so you know she has the same way of thinking like the rest of us." I answered the question, only to have Coulson roll his eyes at this. “Seems like you guys have done a good job training her into it." Coulson commented, and I just rolled my eyes.

“It actually took her a few months before she fully trusted us. When she joined us, it was just a few weeks after the mission that changed her. The mission that makes her wear that mask around people she still doesn’t trust to a hundred percent.” I explained, thinking back to the first few weeks with Daisy. It had been a few hard days, a specially when Natasha was the only one Daisy allowed to get near her. Sure, Pepper had also managed to get a bit close to her, it wasn’t as close as Natasha could get. “Still have no idea about that mission. Both Daisy and Melinda have said that it’s a highly classified mission and only the people that were involved in the mission are allowed to know what happened. Melinda also told me I don’t want to know what happened.” Coulson explained, I nod my head at that.

“The little I know about that mission makes me wish I didn't know a thing.” I answered him, my head fall forward a little. “What is it with this line off work and leaving permanent scars on its agents?” Coulson asked, and I shrug a little. “Well how goes the old saying? We all die young." I answered him and before Coulson could answer there was a knock on the door. “Food is done! Come out and eat because you will need the extra energy.” Pepper told us from the other side of the door.

“We better go. She will come back and the next time she won't ask nicely.” I told Coulson as I rose up from the chair. “Beside I need to make sure Nat and Mel eat something, it won't be fun if they don't and you know that.” I then added, and Coulson nodded his head. “Go quickly.” He told me, and I could not help but to smile at that and I walked out from the office. I quickly headed down to the kitchen and took two plates with food from Pepper.

“I’ll feed the mama bear and aunt spidey.” I answer the unasked question in Peppers eyes. Pepper nodded her head at that. “Good! I do not want to go There once more." Pepper said and I nodded my head, walking out from the kitchen with the two plats once more. “Good luck!" I could hear Tony call after me and I just rolled my eyes. Walking up to the cockpit door I knocked on the door with my foot. “Food delivery ladies!" I called out before entering the room.