A monster

~Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. season 1 Episode 8. The Well.~

Daisy/Skye POV

"How you are doing, Agent Ward?" Coulson asked over the intercom system. "Wishing I was shorter. Nothing yet. All my readings are normal." Ward reply came in, a second after that while I was half spinning around on the spot where I was.

It had turned out that the Professor that Coulson knew had more information that we could of have hoped. But there was one thing the good Professor had forgotten to mention, when he gave us some good spots to look for the next staff piece. A spot that was right here in Seville. So here I was, down in the old El Divino Niño looking for an Asgardian weapon.

"What about you, Johnson? Any luck?" Coulson asked, I was looking down at the tablet I was holding, trying to figure out where to go next. "I'm happy Agent Ward volunteered to take the super-creepy hallway, instead of the slightly less-creepy dungeon-room place." I commented but the silence told me that was not the answer they wanted.

"I got nothing. Sorry." I added with an eye roll to myself and I started to walk once more. "Ward, your spectrograph is reading something near you." Fitz suddenly said and I could not help but to freeze up. "I don't see anything." Ward reported, but I had already started to head back.

"Well, it's right in front of you. Oh wait." Fitz continued, it was easy to hear that he was unsure. "No. Uh, okay, hold on. It's moving. Northwest." Fitz then added. "Visual contact." Ward called out which made me speed up. I knew I should have followed my guts about all of this.

"Ran into someone unexpected com..." I could hear Ward report back but he stopped mid-sentence. We could hear him letting out a gasp and a second later it becomes quite from his line. "His device just went down." Fitz stated the obvious once more and I was running now. "Johnson, can you get..." Coulson started to ask.

"Already on it!" I interrupted him, my hand moving towards the side to deactivate the mask. It was too hard to see anything in that thing. A few more steps and I came to a quick stop. An older man was standing in front of me, his eyes grow big out of fear.

"No, no it can't be!" The man said and he backs. "You are all supposed to be dead." He then added and my eyes narrowed. "What are you..." I started to ask, but when Ward let out a growl a few feet away from us, the Professor took the opportunity to escape.

I started to curse too myself in Russian as I start to run towards Ward once more. My hand had activated the mask out of reflex once more. I find the specialist on the floor, his eyes where big and he was breathing hard. Anger was shining from his eyes when he looked up at me. "Calm down agent Ward." I said in a low and calm voice, holding up my arms to show him I meant no harm.

"The staff... He has it." Ward managed to get out between his heavy breathing. "Something's wrong with Ward. The staff's gone. Someone took it." I reported back to Coulson and Fitz before I shoot out a small pulse that would be enough to knock out Ward.

With a deep breath, I walk over to him, grabbing hold of his arms and pulling him up. "How much can one single person weigh?" I commented with a heavy sigh as I started to walk towards the exit. Almost 10 minutes later we reached the SUV and my breathing was uneven.

"Reminder to myself, need to do more weightlifting." I told myself once I had managed to push Ward into the SUV and closed the door behind him. With another deep breath, I walked around the car and jumped in, the faster I could get back to BUS the faster I could drop of Ward to FitzSimmons. But once I reached the BUS I could see the trouble that had already happened.

May was standing in front of the lab doors, FitzSimmons standing behind them looking worried. Coulson was standing face to face with Professor Elliot Randolph who was, more or less screaming towards Coulson. I parked the car outside of the ramp and jumped out, freezing up where I had landed when I heard what was being said.

"I'm not staying in a flying prison with a monster like that on board." Randolph pointed out and I turned my head a little to the side to look at him. "There are no monsters on this plane." Coulson commented, something that made Randolph laugh a little and he scratched his head a little. "Oh, how wrong you are Agent Coulson. You are holding a monster like that on a plane, you guys might have a death wish but I don't." Determination clear in his voice as he started to back away from Coulson.

However, he did not get far as he backed right into me, jumping a bit and turning around. I simply put my head to the side and Randolph started to back away from me once more. "Stay away from me." He warned in low voice. "I would recommend you stop acting like a scared child and just get on this plane." I told him in a low voice as I started to walk towards him. "You have no idea of what you are talking about." I then hissed out as I stepped up beside him, keeping my eyes on a single spot right in front of me.

"Did it hurt, the change? Or do the decedents of Kree feel anything?" Randolph then asked and I froze up. However, a second later Randolph was laying on the floor and I was being held back by May. "You don't know anything about me." I growled out as I let May push me towards the stairs. "Ward is in the SUV, out cold." I told May in a low voice before I started to walk up the stairs, heading for the bunk.

Once in the safety of my bunk, I closed my eyes and took a few deep breaths. I could feel how everything was shaking around me and for every deep breath, I took I pulled the waves into me, feeling how the bones in my arms started to snap. Letting out a hiss of pain I took the few steps towards the bed and I sat down, my eyes landing on blue bruises that were now covering my arms.

"God dam it." I said to myself and leaned my head back, this was going to be hard to explain to the others. I reached out for the cell phone that I had hidden under the pillow and I unlocked it, smiling a little at the silly picture of myself, Natasha and Clint. But my smile was soon gone when I started to look for a number in the contacts. My hands were shaking once I found the name and I tried to take a few deep breaths. I was about to hit the call button but stopped in the last second.

"No. Not now, I can do this." I told myself and locked the cell phone once more, returning it back to its hiding spot once more. I leaned my head back towards the wall and closed my eyes. Some sleep could maybe be good about now. It didn't seem like we would be up in the air for a little while longer anyway, so I let myself fall to the side on the bed. In just a few seconds I had fallen asleep, after 9 sleepless nights.