The pick up

Daisy/Skye POV

My whole body was screaming in protest as I tried to sit up. With a deep breath, I pushed my body up and turned around a little on the bed, my feet landing on the cold floor of my bunk. I slowly opened my eyes and let them land on the door right in front of me.

It has been a few days since the Berserker Staff incident and since then I had more or less, been sleeping off the effect. Not that anyone on the team had been complaining, it had been a few weird days. Not to mention the team was still trying to get used to having me around here.

I had not really made it easy for anyone of them, I knew I could just have come clean the second I put my foot on the BUS. However, that was not me, not anymore and it was clear that they still weren't over my betrayal. They may not say it out loud but the way they are all acting and the glances of distrust were a clear sign.

A small signal from my right pulled me out from my own mind and I looked down at the phone beside me. I reached for it and smiled seeing the heads-up warning from Natasha. I started to raise up from the bed, looking for some good clothes to wear and could not help but to smile even bigger as I almost heard Peppers comment on the mess I had in my bunk.

Once change and put what else I could need in a bag I put on the mask before I walked out from the bunk. Once outside I could see the rest of the team sitting in the common room eating. I quickly put down my bag at my door before I headed towards the others.

"Good morning." I greeted with a nod of my head to the team before I opened the lower part of my mask, taking hold of May's cup and took a sip of her tea. The older woman was shooting daggers with her eyes at me but I just smiled.

"Good morning Johnson, you are up earlier than normal." Coulson greeted, him smiling a little over the fact that May was trying to get her tea back. She trying to look angry but a ghost of a smile was making it hard to be afraid of her. "Yes well, I was woken up." I answered Coulson as I sat down beside May, handing over her cup once more.

"Someone was able to wake you up?" May commented before she took a sip of her tea and let out a deep sigh of pleasure. But when her phone signals an incoming message she narrows her eyes. I simply leaned back on the couch, listening to the small bickering between Ward, Simmons and Fitz.

"Really?" May then asks and I could feel her eyes on me. "What?" I asked as I looked over at her, quite happy the mask was hiding half of my face since I had a feeling my eyes were going to give me away. Before May could comment on anything else we all could feel how the BUS was shaking a bit.

"What just happened?" Fitz asked and I stood up. "Well, I will call you later Mels." I told May before I quickly move towards my door to get the bag. "Don't call me that." May growled back and I just laughed. "To late." I called back as I was heading for the stairs.

"Tell him that if he has left a single scratch mark on my plane I will haunt him down and kill him!" May called after me and I started to laugh even harder. "Yeah, yeah. I will tell him you said hi!" I called back before I ran up the stairs and headed for the docking door.

I opened it up and was met with a smiling Natasha. "Hello there." She says and I deactivate the mask. "Hi, hugs later. Clint get us up in the air. And if you scratch the BUS, Melinda will kill you." I told Clint who just waves his hands from the pilot seat.

Natasha closes the hangar door behind me before we walked off to sit down as Clint started to take us up into the air. "So, how are you D?" Natasha asked me once we were up in the air and I leaned my head back. "Well, who really knows at moments like this." I answered her and smiled as I could feel both her and Clint's eyes on me.

"What happened?" Natasha asked, her voice hard. "We had a run in with an old Asgardian warrior, a Berserker to be correct. He had broken his weapon into three parts and hidden them away across the world, or rather Europe. He realized what I was when he saw me and he said some pretty nasty things. Then I took it upon myself to hold this weapon. A staff that gives you strength and uncontrollable anger." I told them, closing my eyes as I was.

"Not to mention the staff pulled out one of the worst memories." I then added as I open up my eyes once more. "The Lab? Cal?" Clint asked me and I nod my head. "I have been sleeping of the effect for a few days now." I told them and Natasha put an arm around my shoulders. "Well, Fury has given you three days of freedom. Let's do what we all do best." She told me with a smile.

"Torment Tony?" I asked with a grin making both Natasha and Clint laugh. "Yeah, sure thing. Now get up here and show me what you got. In two hours, it's time for you to fly up so." Clint called back and I rose from the chair I was sitting in and headed for the co-pilot seat and sat down. Clint let me take over and I could feel a smile grow big. I had not been flying since I left the tower and feeling of being in full control was something I had missed, more then I would dare to admit.

-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-

2 hours later I find myself walking down the corridor in a small S.H.I.E.L.D. base looking for the break room, knowing that would be the place where Natasha and Clint would be hiding. As I was coming closer towards the break room a smile broke out as I could hear both Natasha and Clint talking, or rather scaring the new recruits that were in the room. "You guys wouldn't happen to be scaring the rookies now are you?" I asked as I entered the room and both Natasha and Clint turned around to look at me, smiling big.

"Why would you think something like that?" Clint answered me back only to earn an eye roll from me as I walked over to them. "Because I know you two, besides it's your favorite hobby." I told him simply, standing beside the table they were sitting at. "How did it go?" Natasha asked, trying to change the subject since they both knew they could not win this round.

"See for yourself." I told her as I handed over the paper I had been holding on to. Natasha took it and Clint leaned over to her so that he could read it to. The two of them started to smile at the same time, looking back towards me. "Well then, let's get out of here. There's a party waiting for you back at the tower." Clint said and the two of them stood up. "Please tell me that Pepper has been overlooking everything." I asked, knowing far too well how a Stark party without grown-up supervise could end.

"Oh, don't worry, everything is under control." Clint answered, waving his hand a little before he put it on my shoulder. "You know, that doesn't make me feel better about this party." I commented and he just laughed it off, pushing me out from the break room and back down to the hangar once more. Natasha was just shaking her head as she was following us, but there was a smile on her face.