The rescue

Three months later:

Third POV

They were all looking at the Lab, or what once was a lab that is. The Avengers had been trying to find out why there had been some mysterious activity on just this spot for a few days. Once they finally got a good reason to go this is what they were welcomed with. "Well this is just fantastic." Tony says as his mask opens up so he could take a good look at the sight in front of him. "Seems like we have another party in this work." he then added.

"Well, what are we going to do then?" Natasha asked as they all looked at was left of the lab. "Guess we will have to return back to the tower and try to figure out what really happened here." Steve said. "Sir, if I may interrupt." Jarvis voice was saying through the com system. "What is it Jarvis?" Tony asked and he could not help but to roll his eyes.

"I have scanned the area for any sign of life form and I found a person buried under the building that's still alive." Jarvis informed and the group looked at one another. "Well, let's dig this person out and have a look at what has happened." Clint said as he put his bow back on his back and started to head towards the debris. It took them all a good 30 minutes to dig out the area where the life form was supposed to be.

"I see something, Captain come over here and lift this part." Natasha called out and Steve was soon beside her lifting a heavy part of what could be a steel wall. Natasha went down on her knee to look under the wall, only to see a young woman covered in blood and wounds laying on the ground. "It's a young woman!" She called out and she swiftly moved under the steel wall that Steve was holding, taking a good grip on the unconscious woman and dragged her out from under.

Clint was soon by her side helping her move the young woman away from the scene. "Let me have a look." Bruce says as he comes up to them and Natasha and Clint just nodded their heads and stepped back to let the doctor have a quick look. "I think we might have found someone that has been locked up here." Bruce says as Steve and Tony came up to him.

"Yeah? Why so?" Tony asked. "See these wounds? They are a couple of months old at tops, and by the look on them it looks like they were created by..." Bruce started to explain not able to finish his sentence. "She was tortured." Natasha finished when she realized what Bruce was trying to say and he nodded his head. "Let's get her on the plane and get her back to the tower." Steve said and Natasha together with Clint carried her to the plane.

At the Avengers Tower:

Natasha was sitting beside the bed, keeping her eyes on the young girl laying in front of her. The others had left the room about two hours ago but Natasha did not move. She had decided to stay by her side until she woke up. Bruce had taken care of the wounds she had once they had gotten to the tower.

Natasha had raised up to get a book to read when the room suddenly started to shake and she started to look around herself. She could see that the young woman was about to wake up, and Natasha was by her side in a few seconds. The shakes in the room were getting worse, and by now she thought the whole tower was shaking.

"Hey, can you hear me?" She says as she putting a hand on the young woman's shoulder. Her eyes soon opened and the shaking slowed down, but Natasha could see fear in her eyes and she pulls back. "Hey, it is alright. You are safe." Natasha said as she holds up her hands to show that she means it. "Wh... what happened?" The young woman asked. However, before Natasha could say anything she had put a hand on her head, lowering it a little. A small sound of pain could be heard and the room was starting to shake once more.

Natasha took her hand and made the young woman look at her. "Calm down, deep breath." She said with a low calm voice and the door into the lab soon opened as Tony, Steve, Bruce and Clint ran in, but they all stopped at the door when they saw what was going on in front of them. Natasha kept on talking low to the woman and she was soon breathing calmly once again. "Do not force yourself to remember something that would trigger any painful memories. Just take your time, there's no hurry." Natasha said and the woman looked at her.

The fear was still there but it had grown smaller now. "I'm Natasha Romanoff, I'm an agent of S.H.I.E.L.D and an Avengers." she explained, she could see a change in the young woman's eyes when she had heard the word S.H.I.E.L.D. "S...S.H.I.E.L.D?" she murmured. "So, you have heard about S.H.I.E.L.D?" Tony asked taking a few steps into the room with the other three after him. The young woman looked towards the side and Natasha raises up.

"Okay, not now." She started to say and she was about to add more but stopped and looked at the young woman. "What's your name?" She asks and the young woman looked at her. "Daisy, Daisy Johnsons." she says and Natasha nods her head. "Daisy needs to rest. We can have this talk tomorrow if she thinks she can handle it." Natasha said and she started to push the boys out from the lab.

"Hey!" Tony complained as he was pushed out of his own lab, something he was not happy about. "We need to take this slow. We are dealing with someone with powers. Powers we yet don't know what they are. And from the fear in her eyes, I'm pretty sure that the time in that lab was pure hell for her." Natasha simply said and she put her eyes on the four men in front of her.

"I'll get Pepper to set up a proper room for her, that might be better for when she wakes up the next time. To wake up in a lab might not be the best thing." Tony suggested as he turned around and walked away from the group. A group that was looking at him surprised. "Well, who knew Tony could be so..." Clint said and the others nodded their heads agreeing.

"Well, I will go back into the lab to keep one eye on Daisy. Bruce, you took her blood. Any chance to see what we are dealing with here?" Natasha then asked, he nodded his head a little. "I will see what I can find." He replied and headed off to the lab he had gotten from Tony. "And what can we do?" Steve asked and Natasha looked at him and Clint. "Make sure there is something for us all and Daisy to eat." She said and they nod their heads and walked off their separate ways.