What's left unsaid

A soft click could be heard, signaling the safety lock on a gun had been released. Feet moving carefully over the floor, making sure that not a single sound was made. The shadow moving closer and closer towards its target, gun pointing towards the same. One finger carefully hugging the trigger, ready to pull it if needed.

She had known this mission was going to be troubled the second she had read the mission report. However, she never thought it would go this bad this fast. She knew she should have put up more of a fight not to let her join the mission, but that was too late now. What's done is done and the only thing left was to try to fix the problem.

7 hours earlier. The BUS

Daisy/Skye POV

Placing two fingers right under my chin to find my pulse, holding up my other arm so that I could see the clock I started to count. It was an early morning and we had spent the night on the ground, something that had not happen a lot.

I had not slept well during the night, waking up 4 am with no way of returning back to sleep. Changing out of the tank top and shorts that I used when I slept into my training gear I had headed out. One thing I had learned from Steve was that a good run could do both bodies and mind good.

Moving away from my hand from my chin I took a deep breath, but I quickly held up my hands as I could feel something coming towards me. As my fingers closed around the water bottle I could not help but smile and I lift my eyes to see May standing a few steps away. "You are up early." She commented and I rolled my eyes.

"Couldn't sleep, thought a run would do me some good. Haven't had a chance to run for quite some time now since we have been so much up in the air." I told her, taking a sip of the water before I stretched a little. "You know we have a treadmill, right?" May asked with a smile.

"It's not the same." I told her, sounding more like a complaint than anything else. May rolled her eyes at the complaint, however, she kept the smile. "Have you tried Tai-chi?" She then asked me and I shake my head. "No, but I do yoga and meditation." I told her.

May nods her head a little. "Well then, let's get starting on you learning it. You already have the breathing down thanks to the mediation so let's work on the movements." She told me and I smiled big. "That would do wonders." I answered, walking up to her side and took the same stand that she had.

About an hour later May finish off the training, having to correct me a couple of times but nothing too big. 20 minutes into the training I could feel that Coulson had shown up on the platform above looking down at us. Ward had shown up 15 minutes after that and FitzSimmons about 5 minutes before we finished. Neither of them had said a word during the training, something I was quite happy over.

"Thank you, Melinda." I said to May as I nod my head in greeting. "Now, I really need to have a shower." I then added, May shaking her head. "Well after a run and Tai-chi you really stink so." May told me as I was starting to walk past her, at the comment, I hit her shoulder with my own before I headed for the stairs. Nodding towards the rest of the team as I walked past them before heading for my bunk to get what I needed for a long and good shower.

-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-

Fully dressed I stepped out from the bathroom just as Coulson walked past the room. "Ah Johnson, good timing. Mission debrief in five." He said as he sees me and I nod my head as a response. "Copy that Boss." I told him, making a salute and Coulson just shook his head as he kept on walking.

With a small laugh, I headed for my bunk to drop off my work out clothing before heading to the command center. As I entered I could feel both Ward and FitzSimmons looking towards me, I however simply ignored them as I walked up to stand right beside May. The moment as I stood beside her she holds out her phone to me and I looked down.

A big smiled spread on my face, hidden by the mask as I saw what she was showing me. "I presume this is your doing." May comment before she took her phone back before the other three could see what it was. "You can't prove anything." I told her, still smiling big as the movie was playing over and over in my mind.

"Oh yeah?" May answered me as she holds up her phone towards me once more to show me the message that had come with the video. Reading it fast before laughing, shaking my head a little. "Okay, okay. It was my doing. But he was the one to accept to challenge so it was his own fault." I told May between the laughs.

"Who is at fault?" Coulson asked as he stepped into the room, looking a bit surprised at me as I was still laughing. "Oh, nothing really. I just challenge one of my teammates to do something he knew he was not going to pull off." I told him, taking a few deep breaths as I tried to calm down.

"Well, I have been wondering a little over this. But who exactly is on your team?" Ward asked, his eyes were narrowed as he was looking at me. I turned my head towards him, my eyes were narrowed to. "I'm sorry Agent Ward. But the information about my team is classified. Only those with the right level and permission are allowed that information. The only one on this BUS that has that is Agent Melinda May, only because she has known two of the members for quite some time." I answered him, crossing my arms and was standing tall.

I could see the anger in Wards eyes and I had to fight myself not to take a step back. "If you want to complain you can take it with Fury himself. After all, it was his orders so." I then told him before I turned my side towards him, showing him and the others that this talk was over and done. A silence took over after that, no one really dared to say anything at that moment.

After a minute or two, Coulson faked a cough and all eyes were on him. "Alright, how about we get started on this mission?" Coulson asked and the rest of us nodded our heads. "Good! I got this from Hill herself." Coulson then added, putting up the mission file on the big screen at the same time as he looks at me carefully to see my reaction.

I didn't move a single muscle as he mentioned Maria, but once I saw the mission information I froze up. My eyes grow big and I had a hard time breathing. May who was standing close to me realized the second something was wrong and she turned her head to look at me.

"Daisy, what's wrong?" She asked and I swallowed down the lump that had shown up in my throat. "It can't be... Not now." I managed to get out and all eyes were on me again. "What Johnson?" Coulson asked, his voice was firm leaving no room for argument. "It's a Centipede Lab."