Late midnight mystery tea

Daisy/Skye POV

"That's the third time you drop that cup." A voice said behind me, making me jump a little. I turned around only to see that Fitz was standing behind me. "Good thing it hasn't broken yet." Fitz then added as he nodded towards the cup that was laying on the floor.

"It's special made." I told him as I bowed down to pic the cup up. I saw how much my hand was shaking as I reached for the cup, with a deep breath I took it and made sure I had a firm grab as I started to stand up once more. "What are you doing up this late?" I then asked Fitz while I put down the cup on the kitchen island.

"Was working on the I.C.E.R down in the lab, didn't realized it was already 2 am." He told me, eyeing me carefully. "And you?" He then asked, I just shake my head a little. "Couldn't sleep and I needed some tea." I told him just as the teapot began to whine.

Turning around I took the pot and started to pour the hot water into my cup. "I got to say I'm surprised to even see you out there already." Fitz then says, making me look up from what I was doing. "What do you mean?" I asked, leaning back a little and crossed my arms. "Well, you were already out cold and May didn't tell Coulson what had happened. She took you to your bunk, the only time we saw her was when she started up the BUS." Fitz explained.

"Well, she wasn't in my bunk when I woke up." I told him as I continued on pouring the water. "Maybe she went to sleep herself." I then said, more to myself then to Fitz. "Or she just went to make sure we were on the right course." A voice said behind Fitz, making the two of us jump. May was standing behind Fitz, her arms crossed and she was not looking happy.

"What are you doing out of bed?" May then asked as she was looking directly at me. "Couldn't sleep and I needed some tea." I simply told her and I could see Fitz was smiling a little bit since I had used the same line with him. "Want some?" I then asked, quickly turning around to open the cabinet to get two more cups.

As I reached for the cup the sleeve on my shirt slid down, showing of the bruises that were now covering my arms. I could hear a small gasp coming from behind me and I suddenly had May standing beside me. She took my arm down to be able to get a closer look on my bruises. "I'm fine." I told her on a routine.

"These do not look fine to me." May said with a hard voice. "Agent May has a point, that really doesn't look good." Fitz commented and I could hear him walking around the kitchen island to join me and May. "It's nothing, this is what happens when I use my powers when I don't have the gauntlets on" I told them, not really realizing I was talking about my powers right in front of Fitz. "However, I'm taking those pills that will help with bone mending." I then added before either of them had a chance to say something.

"Well, this is one of the reasons as to why we are heading for one of Hill's smaller bases. You are getting a proper check up!" May said and let go of my arm. My eyes grow big as I looked at her. "What!?" Was the only thing I managed to get out in the small shock I was in. "Maria has a few things she wants to talk to you about so we will also get you checked up since we are there." May told us once more and before I was able to say anything else she holds up her hand.

"Hill's orders, no backing away. Now get back in your bunk to sleep!" May added, her eyes narrowed and her arms crossed. "I am not tired." I told her crossing my own arms to, however making sure I was careful when I did. "Daisy Skye Johnson." May said with a low voice.

"How about the two off us just sit down on the couch and watch a movie, just taking it easy? Can you agree on that May?" Fitz suddenly steped in, making both me and May to turn our heads around to look at him. "Yeah, that sounds like a perfect idea." I said, turning back to look at May once more.