Eye to eye

Skye/Daisy POV

One would believe by now that I should have learned not to jinx things. Well, disaster is following in my every footstep anyway so I have just giving up on all that. Makes life just a tiny bit better in the end.

Right at this moment I was strapped down to another dentist chair, I really hate these chairs by now. The thing was, I had no idea of how I even ended up in this chair from the start. The last thing I remember was giving to Coulson and FitzSimmons a clear to head inside.

Everything after that is one big black spot in my memory, at least up until now. With a deep breath I looked down on my arms, in a try to figure out how to get free. The only thing I could really see at that moment was that my gauntlets were missing. "Great." I said to myself and I started to look around the room.

It was the same old one, all white sterile lab with not much in it except for the chair I was strapped to. Right in front of me was one gigantic window, rather two due to the door splitting it up. My eyes lands on a figure on the other side of the window and I could feel how my blood turned in to ice.

The figure was smiling big towards me and I was unable to move. The figure starts to walk towards the door and within a few seconds later the door opened. Cal was standing right in front of me, a wicked grin had completed taken over his face. "My little flower has returned to my side." He said as he walked towards me.

"I can't begin to tell you how glad I am to see you alive. When I heard the news about the old lab collapsing in on itself I was so, so worried. However, seeing you, here and now is just amazing! Which means the metamorphosis worked, what is it? I had hoped it was wings." Cal said without stopping to take a single breath.

I was looking at him during his whole speech, however I was not fully seeing him. On the other hand, I heard every single word he said and even if I was paralyzed in the seat, something was being triggered in my mind. 3 seconds. May's voice was echoing in my mind, 3 seconds and I will come and get you.

Keeping my eyes on my so-called father I concentrate on changing the vibrations around me. I knew I was going to regret this big time afterwards, however I need to get out of this place and that was now. The building was soon shaking around us, something that made Cal finally go quiet.

He turned around himself a little, looking a bit confused. "An earthquake, here?" He then said in a low voice, more like a comment to himself then an actual question. I took that as a signal to stop, directing the vibrations in words and I could feel how some of the smaller bones in my arms cracked.

I had to bite my tongue so I wouldn't cry out in pain, quite happy I still had a long-sleeved shirt on, covering up the black and blue brushes that were starting to show themselves now. Cal turns around towards me once more, smiling big once more. "Oh well, it will take much more then such a small earthquake to take this place down." He told me and I'm not sure if he has figured out it was my doing or not.

The only thing I could do right now was hoping May had felt my signal and was on her way. I really didn't want to stay in the same room as this crazy man.

May POV

If there was one thing I hated, it was walking into a bad guys hideout knowing it was a trap. What I hate even more then that was showing up at the bad guys hideout only to find it empty. This lab was a mix of both, something that was a really bad sign.

All three of us had given Coulson and FitzSimmons a green card to enter quite quickly after we got to the sight. After that I took a second round, just to make sure no one had shown up, I didn't find another soul around.