Visit from Asgard

Daisy/Skye POV

I was smiling big as the Avengers tower was growing closer and closer in front of me, and I let out a small sigh. "Home sweet home." I whispered. "That's the first time I have heard you call the tower home." Clint commented beside me, I just rolled my eyes. "Well, I didn't realize it was home until now. You should know that feeling." I told him as I turned my head to look at him. Clint just nodded his head as an answer. "Well, we are getting close. Do you want to be the one to tell them we are back?" He then asked me and I smiled big.

"That would be my pleasure." I told him and started to call the tower. "Avengers Tower, this is Big Bird requesting landing." I said into the headset. "Big Bird this is Avengers Tower, you have clearance to land." Tony answered back. "Copy that." I told him and closed the line as I started the process to land the plane. Once landed both Natasha and Clint waited for me to open the hangar port. "Why do I get a bad feeling about this?" I asked, but the only answer I got was the two of them smiling big.

Rolling my eyes, I opened the hangar port and walked out, only to be attacked by a hugging Tony. "Welcome back kid!" He called out and I was frozen where I stood, looking at him out of surprise. Behind Tony I could see Steve, Bruce and Pepper, all three of them shaking their heads. "Hello to you too Tony. Now would you get off me!" I told him, and when he did not let go I pushed him away. Ignoring the hurt look, he was giving me I walked over to Pepper to give her a hug.

"What's up with him?" I asked in a low voice and Pepper laughed quietly. "He is sad that he was not allowed to go with Clint and Natasha to pick you up." She answered me and I just shook my head before I let go of her. "Captain." I then said standing tall in front of Steve, who nodded his head. "Johnson." He answered before he smiled and pulled me into a hug. "Good to see you again." He then told me and I laughed a little. "Good to see you too." I answered, hugging him back with all the force I had. Turning my head to the side I smiled towards Bruce. "Bruce, how are you?" I asked once I let go of Steve.

"I'm good, and you? I'm not sure you look fully rested or not." Bruce answered and I made a small face. "A bit of both I guess." I told him, not lying but not also telling the full truth. "So, I was told there was going to be a party?" I asked before Bruce could ask more questions, turning around to look at Tony who was now smiling big. "Oh, there is! But not for a few more hours. Apparently, it's too early to start a party at this time of day." He said and he sent a small glare towards Pepper who just narrowed her eyes.

"Alright then, so what do we do until the party starts then?" I asked the group. "Well, there is a surprise waiting for you down in the common room. "Natasha said and I turned around to look at her. "Well then, show me what this surprise is then." I told the team, seeing the smiles they were all having.

Once we were all in the elevator I leaned towards the wall, crossing my arms. "Anyone going to give me a hint on what this surprise is?" I asked but all of them just shook their heads. "Well, what do I need you guys for then!" I asked, trying to look angry but I could not stop smiling.

"Oh, don't complain, you are going to like this surprise." Clint assured me and the elevator come to a stop. "For your own safety, I hope you are right about that." I told him as I stepped out from the elevator, only to be pulled into a bone-crushing hug. "Lady Daisy!" Thor almost yelled out in my ear as he was hugging me.

"Thor, I can't breathe." I choked out and the God of thunder put me down once more so that I could breathe again. "It is good to see you once again Lady Daisy." Thor beamed and I simply rolled my eyes. "Yeah, missed you to big man." I told him before I was about to slap him over his chest. "But, where were you a few days ago when I was indeed off you." I then added but before I could slap him he catches my hand.

He was looking down at my hands and I could see how he narrowed his eyes. "You have been holding a Berserker Staff." He pointed out before he looked into my eyes. "Yeah, I also meet with Berserker warrior too." I told him and I could feel the others right behind me.

"How about we all sit down for this one." Natasha said as she walked past me, heading for the couch. The rest of us joined her and once everyone was sitting down. "So, what has been going on?" Pepper asked the one that was brave enough to ask the question everyone wanted an answer for.

"We were sent of to Norway to investigate a possible 0-8-4. Turned out to be part of an Asgardian Staff, a Berserker Staff to be right." I started to tell them and it almost felt like it was my first week in the tower, when I had told them all about my past. "The last thing I remember was everything going black and I woke up in my bed in the BUS after that." I finished off the story and the room grow quiet.

"So, there is an Asgardian here on Middle-earth?" Thor asked after a few minutes. "Yes, works as a History Professor. Quite fitting if you ask me." I answered him, the silence taking place once more. "The lab." Bruce asked after a few minutes and I nodded my head. "Mostly memories that contain Cal." I answered and let silence fall for a third time.

"He called you a monster and no one even tried to help you?" Natasha then asked, one could hear she was trying to stay calm as she asked the question. "To his defense, he hasn't met someone like me in a very long time. Humans have evolved quite a lot since then." I answered Natasha. "Besides, the others in the team don't really know who I am so they tend to stay away from me and May. Well, May knows better than to interfere in a situation like that, as long as it doesn't go out of hand that is." I then added.

"How about we get something to eat?" Pepper asked after a while, feeling it was time to change the subject. "That sounds like a marvelous idea Pep." I told her smiling big, I had not yet managed get something into my system.