A message from home

Daisy/ Skye POV

Rising up from the floor I held out my hand for Fitz who happily took it, in one swift pull he was standing beside me. "Glad to see that both of you are still alive." A voice said from behind us, turning around we could see Coulson standing there.

"We did our best sir," I told him, saluting a little towards him only to resave a small smile and eye roll. "Are you coming up or staying down here?" Coulson then asked, glancing towards Fitz, he nodded his head a little before we head for the stairs.

"What is the plan for now?" I asked Coulson once I joined him. "We are to wait for new orders." Coulson answered me, stopping I looked at him surprised. "We are not heading back to the HUB?" I asked once more. "No, Hand said the device was probably in better hand with us then at the HUB." Coulson told me, I could see that he was a bit worried about that.

"I know it doesn't sound good.However, I trust in Hands judgement. If she says the Overkill is safer with us, then it is." I told him, patting the team leader on his shoulder. Looking in front of me I could see Simmons walking towards the kitchen.

"Now, if you excuse me there is someone I need to talk to." I told Coulson before following after Simmons. "Simmons!" I half called out as I entered the kitchen, only to see how the young biochemist jumps a little when she turns around. "Ah, Daisy! How did the mission go?" Simmons asked, smiling big.

"It went very well, except for one little detail." I started to tell her, leaning back towards the counter as I did. "What happened?" Simmons asked, suddenly worried. "Don't worry, Fitz is alright. However, would you mind making another sandwich for him? We ended up in a tight spot and the sandwich had to be sacrificed." I explained, seeing the worry in Simmons' eyes grow small once more.

"Oh, yes, I can make him a new one. Sure." She then said once she has settled down a little. "Thank you, Simmons. This is exactly what Fitz is needing right now." I told her, smiling a little. "Do you need anything?" Simmons then asked, looking at me carefully.

"Not at the moment, it takes a while before I can eat after a mission. But thank you for asking. I will head up to see how the flight is going. Good luck Simmons!" I told her, nodding my head a little before turning around. I could feel how Simmons was looking after me as I walked away.

"Oi, Mishka! You better head to the kitchen!" I called out when I saw Fitz. Walking past him I gave him a pat on his shoulder before continuing my walk. Stopping outside of the cockpit I softly knocked on the door before entering. Ignoring Ward that was sitting in the co-pilot seat, I headed directly for May.

Wrapping my arms around the older agent's neck, letting my own headrest towards her, I hugged her. I could feel how May tenses up at the sudden hug, only to relax just a little. "What are you doing?" She then asked, keeping her eyes on the sky in front of her. "Hugging you." I simply answered, my voice more damped then usual.

"I can fell that, what I meant is why you are hugging me." May asked once more, I could feel how she was rolling her eyes. "Because I always hug Red after a mission like this. However, since Red is not here you are the closest to a Red hug I can get." I explained, lifting my head to look out.

"Have you eaten anything?" May then asked, shaking my head a little. "No, can't eat during a mission or this close to a finished one." I answered her. "You need to eat Johnson." May told me and I could not help but smile just a little. "I will, later. Simmons asked earlier if I wanted something to eat too." I told her, May nodded her head to that.

"Are we still being followed?" I then asked, not releasing the grip I had around May. "That we are." Ward told me, turning my head towards him. "Didn't you do what I asked you too?" I then asked, felling how May nodded her head. "Move over Agent Ward." I told him, finally letting go of May.