The decision

Daisy/Skye POV

It had been three days since we had managed to get Coulson back from Centipede, three days of staying in the shadows for new orders to roll in. Three days with only questions as to why he had been the one ending up taken away from Centipede and not myself. Sitting on the couch, I had my legs pulled up towards me and my forehead resting towards my knees. It was long pass midnight and the BUS was laying in silence around me. Every time I closed my eyes the memories returned, not just memories from my own time within the walls of a Centipede hide out but also the memories of when me and May had found Coulson.

Taking in a deep breath, I opened my eyes once more just to make the memories stop. "What are you doing out here?" May's voice suddenly reached my ears, making me look up as the woman that had become the closest thing I had for a mother sat down beside me. Putting down my legs once more I leaned into May instead, feeling how the woman started to comb her hand through my hair.

"Nightmares." I answered her, not that I really needed to explain it to her. "The same old one?" She asked, and I shook my head. "Coulson?" May then asked and I nodded my head, knowing that I didn't have to explain anything to her. She had been in the room when everything had happened after all. "Well, I got to say I'm not surprised over that." May commented and I looked at her out of surprise. "He was after all the first one you really trusted here on the BUS." May pointed out, ignoring my surprised look.

"Seeing someone you care about in a situation like this, under any circumstances is hard." May explained, lowering my head back towards her once more. "I'm just happy you were not in the room alone." She then explained, and I could not help but to freeze up a bit. "I'm happy that you called for help.However, don't pull a stunt like that again." May then told me and I could feel that she was looking down on me.

"I get that you thought you had to do it alone.However, I need you to tell me if you plan on leaving the BUS like that again." May explained and I could not to anything else then to nod my head. "Your nightmares are not the only reason as to why you are up at this hour is it?" May asked, nodding my head once more as an answer. "I have been thinking, maybe it's timeI tell him the truth." I told her, feeling how May stopped combing my hair for a second.

"You think it will help you?" May asked, looking down at me once more. "I think it will, at least it might get a little easier." I answered her, and I could feel how May looked down on me once more. "Then I will be with you when you do." She told me, and I could not help but to smile a little at that. "Thank you, that might be needed." I told her, quickly sitting up properly and activating the mask when I heard that someone was walking towards us.

"What are you two doing up at this hour?" Coulson asked, stopping at the door opening to look at me and May. "Probably the same reason as to why you are up at this hour sir." I pointed out, Coulson nodded his head at that answer. "It's good to see you walking around, you have been spending the last three days up in that office of yours." I then added, leaning forward a bit. "I needed to stretch my legs a little and have something to drink." Coulson answered, and I nodded my head. "There is tea done in the kitchen if you want that." I pointed out before leaning back in to the couch once more.

"Thanks." Coulson answered and started to walk towards the kitchen, only to stop once more. "Oh, that reminds me." He said in a low voice before turning his head around to look at me and May once more. "Have you heard anything from your team about their search for Skye?" He then asked, glad that I had my mask on I could feel how my eyes grow big at his question. "No." I answered him, seeing that May sat up straight beside me. "Why?" She asked. "Because I want to see this all come to an end, sooner rather than later." Coulson answered, a little bit in confusion as he looks at May.

Standing up, I looked at Coulson. "I haven't heard anything from them yet." I answered him shortly before looking back at May. "On second thought, I'll just go back to bed. We can finish our talk another time." I told her before walking over to my bunk before I got an answer. "What just happened?" I could hear Coulson ask before I closed the door behind me. Pulling out my computer I started to work instead of trying to sleep.

-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-

"Here you go." I said, dropping the small file on top of Coulson's desk. Coulson looked down at the file out of surprise before he looks up at me. "What is this?" He asked before he reached out for the file. "What you asked for. However, I got to say. I do feel sorry for that young girl. S.H.I.E.L.D is not the only organization that is looking for her and I'm not sure who would be worst if they got their hands on her." I told him, something that made Coulson freeze up in his movement.

"You have read all of this haven't you?" He asked, and I nodded my head. "Every single thing." I told him, and I could see how Coulson put down the file once more. "You can take it away, ask your team to just keep an eye out for her and that they do not take her in. If she is not in danger." Coulson told me, and I could feel how my eyes grow in surprise over this. "This is not what I excepted." I told him before taking the file away before Coulson could change his mind over it all.

"What did you expect?" He asked me while I was holding onto the file. "Well anything except this to be honest. You seemed so driven to find her last night." I answered him, and Coulson let his head fall down a little. "I guess I just want to know what really happened that day. However, it seems like I won't get that information for quite a while." Coulson explained and I had to bit my lower lip from saying anything.

"Who knows, the truth might show up one day." I commented, and Coulson shook his head a little. "Now that would be a miracle." Coulson told me, and I could not help but to smile. "Well, as an old and very vice worm once told me; Things are not always what they seem in this place, so you can't take anything for granted." I told him, and I could not stop the grin I had on my lips. Coulson blinked a few times before he shook his head in silent laughter.

"Just get back to work with you agent Johnson." He told me, and I smiled big. "Right away sir." I told him, turning around I started to walk out from his office, waving back towards him with the file. Once outside I took a deep breath before heading for my bunk. Time to get make the file disappear before anyone else saw it, not that it really meant anything if May or Fitz saw it.