End of the begining

Daisy/Skye POV

“Report back your location.” I said in a low voice, leaning towards the wall in the hallway. “I have eyes on the son of a bitch.” I got back from Clint and I could not help but to roll my eyes at his comment. “Not what I meant.” I told him, and I could hear how the others were sighing over the com system. “It means that he is in the vents.” Natasha answered for him. “Thank you, Natasha.” I answered, adding a bit more to her name just because of it. “And the rest of you?” I then asked.

“Everyone is in position Daisy.” Simmons answered me, and I lift my eyes. “And the person we are after?” I asked once more. “Just entered the food court together with Agent Triplett.” Clint answered once more, this time he was more serious. Taking a deep breath, I moved from the wall and got ready to head for the food court. “However…” Fitz said through the system, making me stop walking.

“However, what?” I asked, eyes narrowed as I looked at the door in front of me. “Garrett and Triplett are not alone in the room.” Fitz answered, and I let out a heavy sigh. “I thought we made sure no one entered this room today!” I pointed out, hitting the wall to my right out of frustration. “Who else is in the room?” I then asked. “It’s your favourite agent on this base.” Clint starts to say, and I could hear the big grin he had. “Agent Victoria Hand.” He then added, and I looked up. “Vic is in the room?” I could not help but to say out loud, looking towards the doors once more.

“Why would Vic be here now?” I then asked, more to myself then to the team. “Because I asked her to be there.” Maria suddenly said through the system. “Maria! Why? And I thought you had your own mission to do.” I asked, lifting my head up to look in the security camera that was sitting on the wall. “I am working on my mission. However, I thought it would be good to have someone in that room that could clarify who you are. Besides, it’s a way to make sure Hand isn’t on the other side too.” Maria answered, and I could hear that she was a bit distracted.

“It didn’t cross your mind to tell us about this?” This time it was May that spoke, and I took a deep breath. “It slipped my mind.” Maria answered back, and I let out a frustrated sigh. “Anything else I should know about before we start this mission?” I asked, rubbing the back of my nose. “Well…” Tony started to say on the other line and I just shook my head. “Shut up Stark!” I told him at the same time as Natasha, Clint and May. “No, this was the only thing I added into your mission.” Maria then said, and I nodded my head. “Good, I’m going dark. I’ll see you on the other side.” I told them and closed of the link before anyone had a chance to answer me back.

Taking a deep breath, I started to head for the doors only to stop when I could hear how Garrett and Hand were through the doors. “What are you doing in this part of the building anyway Hand?” I could hear Garrett asking, letting my hand rest on the door knob I started to listen. “Meeting with Johnson, why she would want to meet here is a mystery to us all.” Hand answered, and I just rolled my eyes at that, it seemed as if Maria had just written to Hand using my name.

“Johnson? You’re not talking about that mysterious agent that hangs around with Coulson’s team?” Garrett asked, and I could almost see Hand nod her head. “So, her disappearing really is above our clearance level then.” Garrett commented, and I could feel how my blood froze. “Her what?” Hand asked, and I could almost hear worry in her voice. “Apparently, she is missing, and it seems as if no one can find her.” Garrett explained, and I closed my eyes. “But if her disappearance is above our level, then how did you find out?” Triplett asked, opening my eyes once more I took a deep breath and carefully opened up the door without making any sound.

“I got my information from Ward.” Garrett answered, and I could not help but to smile. Putting one hand in my pocket I took hold of my phone, ready to send away the signal that would activate the arrest team. “Well, I got to say that is one rich lie you have come up with.” I commented, making the three agents jump out of surprise. All three heads turned towards me as I closed the door behind me. “Especially when Ward has been held under arrest since he got back to BUS without me. Well, maybe he called you before he reached the BUS but why would he contact his old SO to tell him that one of the agents in the team he is now working with has been taken away.” I then added, leaning towards the door I kept my eyes on Garrett.

“You… you…” Garrett started to say, only to not find the right words. “Are you not the consultant agent Coulson and his team were looking for?” Triplett asked, and I looked at him, giving him a small smile and a wink. “Someone has a good memory for faces.” I answered him before I looked back at Garrett once more. “I just wished I had put your face to my mind the first time I saw you in that lab.” I then added, taking a step away from the wall. “The one and only Clairvoyant. Head of the Centipede, well one of the heads…” I continued as I started to walk towards him, I could see how he was shaking out of anger. “You know what, I think I finally understand your saying.” I finished, stopping a few feet away from him.

“And what would that saying be?” He asked, keeping his voice calm in a try to act innocent. “Cut of one head and two more shall take its place.” I told him, my voice dark and eyes narrowed. “But that’s HYDRAS saying.” I could hear Hand whisper out and I could see how she was looking between me and Garrett from the corner of my eye. I could also see Triplett do the same, the confusion in his eyes. “I told you Garrett when you sent me away, you would not be able to get away with this.” I told him, smiling big as I activated the signal.

“Now tell me, was it fun to hit Ward so that it looked like he had been attacked to?” I asked. However, before Garrett had a chance to say anything else he was trapped in the room properly. Clint jumped down from the vent, landing beside me with his bow ready. The doors behind me opened as Natasha and May walked in, both holding in guns. The second door into the room slammed open and Tony walked in, anger shining in his eyes, Steve and Coulson walking in behind him. “What is going on here?” Garrett asked as he looked around himself. “Yeah, I want to know that too.” Hand pointed out and I rolled my eyes.

“Agent John Garrett is being put under arrest for his crimes against S.H.I.E.L.D. Among those crimes, trying to bring back HYDRA once more by trying to create new Super Soldiers.” Coulson explained as he stepped up so that he was standing beside Steve. “You have no prof for any of this!” Garrett told him, his eyes narrowed, and it was clear he was about to lose it. “Oh, I’m all the evidence we need. Besides, we still have Ward in prison along side with more Centipede agents.” I told him, crossing my arms as I did. “You won’t get away with this, its like you said…” Garrett started to say only to be silenced by an ICER arrow. “I was starting to get really annoyed with him.” Clint said with a shrug of his shoulders when we all looked at him.

“What is going on here?” Triplett asked and we all looked at him. “It’s a very long story for another time.” Fury told him, the director stepped into the room and looked down at the sleeping agent. “For now, I will assignee you to agent Coulson’s team since they are one specialist down. That way you will learn more about what all this is about.” Fury then continued, looking up at Triplett who nodded his head at that. “Good, now get him to the Fridge.” Fury said with a nod of his head towards Garrett. Turning around, Fury looked at me and I looked up. “Good work agent Johnson, you really have proven me wrong.” He told me, and I could not help but to smile.

“Sir, what will we do now?” Coulson asked, and Fury just lift his head a little. “You guys will go back to how things were before all of this happened. As far as I know, HYDRA is still gone and has never shown its ugly face within my organisation.” He told us all before he started to walk out from the room. “Wait! Does that mean I will go back to the BUS or to the tower?” I called out after him, never getting an answer to that question. “Well, isn’t this great.” I mumble to myself and I let my head fall forward in defeat. “And I’m I the only one who thinks all of this is some odd dream?” I then asked, looking around myself only to see that I was standing in the room alone.