What's hidden within the protocols

Daisy/Skye POV

I could feel how May was going still beside me when she heard what I said. "A Centipede Lab? Are you sure Johnson?" Coulson asked and I slowly nodded my head as an answer. "I'll never forget that logo." I whispered out, swallowing once more.

"I'm calling them." May suddenly says, her voice was dark and no one was prepared for her to speak. As the older agent was about to take out her phone once more I swiftly stopped her movement with taking hold off her arm. "No, you will do no such thing. There has to be a reason as to why Maria send this mission to us and not to my team." I told her before I let go off her arm.

"Besides, I'm the only one that can make that call and get away with it so. However, if I feel that I need them then I will make the call." I then added. May let out a deep sigh, but she nodded her head. From the corner of my eye, I could see Ward opening his mouth to say something but I managed to speak up before he did. "No need to ask Agent Ward. Level 8 classified, only the people who were involved directly or indirectly are allowed to know." I told him, my eyes locked on the screen in front of me.

"Did Agent Hill tell you as to why she sent this mission our way? What are we supposed to be doing?" I then asked Coulson, looking over towards him and I could see he looked away from me and May. "The only thing Hill told me was that the lab was sending out some high-level energy spikes. She wants us to head to the lab, find the source and turn it off." Coulson then explained.

"Sounds simple enough." I commented and took a deep breath. I was quite happy it was a simple mission, I did not want to be stuck in a Centipede Lab for longer than I needed. Memories from the time I was in the lab, that my father had taken me to were starting to play up in my mind once more. Closing my eyes and taking yet another deep breath, I forced those memories to the back of my head once more.

"How will we do this?" I could hear May asking besides me and I tried to concentrate on the here and now. "You will make a perimeter search outside of the lab. Johnson, Ward I need you two to sneak into the lab without being seen, something you can do?" Coulson asked and I smiled big. "Does Iron Man have a big love for himself?" I asked Coulson back, getting a small smile as an answer.

"Good, FitzSimmons you two will wait with me until we get an okay that it's safe to get inside." Coulson then continued and the science twins nodded their heads. "Good, get ready for the mission." Coulson finished off the meeting and we all nodded our heads. As I was about to walk out from the command center I was stopped once more.

"Johnson, a word in private?" Coulson requested, turning my head a little to the side to see May I see her give me a very small nod. Taking a deep breath, I turned around to look at Coulson. "Alright Coulson." I answered him and he nodded his head, signaling to follow him.

Coulson lead me up to his office and I took a deep breath before I entered, I had not stepped a single foot in this room since I had returned. Following Coulson with my eyes I saw him walk around his desk to sit down, when he never did I took it as a sign to sit down in front of him.

Once sitting in the chair, I started to brace myself for whatever Coulson was about to throw at me. "A Centipede Lab?" Coulson started this whole thing off with and I could not help but to roll my eyes a little. "As I told Ward earlier, Agent Coulson, it's a level 8 clearance." I told him. "And only those who were involved directly or indirectly are allowed to know." Coulson finished, crossing his arms a little as he leaned back.

"And those people included are me, Maria Hill, Nick Fury and my team." I then told him, leaning back myself in the chair. "And May?" Coulson then asked and I could not help but curse myself a little for the miss I had done. "She was there for the after match. The second I put my foot in Administration a week after the mission to do a report on my own free will she knew something had happened." I answered him, taking a deep breath and adding this conversation to my mind so that I can tell May about it later.

"One more thing before you go." Coulson then asked and I rolled my eyes, I really wanted to ask if there wasn't always but I kept it to myself. "Your team, how can you have a highly classified team?" Coulson then asked me and I just lift one eyebrow. "Says the man that's life status is a level 7." I told him before I could even stop myself. Coulson simply lifts one eyebrow but he soon shakes his head. "Alright, I guess I walked into that one myself." He said, earning a laugh from me before I got up from the chair.

"Well, that was your last question. Now if you excuse me, I need to head back to my bunk to get ready." I told him as I started to head out from his office before Coulson was able to say something else. Halfway to my bunk, I could feel my phone vibrating, with a small roll of my eyes as I pulled out my phone to see who was calling.

With a heavy sigh, I answered the incoming call. "What do you want Stark?" I answered the call before I started to walk once more towards my bunk. "I'm bored!" Tony complained on the other side of the line.

Rolling my eyes with a deep sigh I opened up the door to my bunk and sat down on the bed. "You are always bored, what makes this time any different?" I simply asked him, as I closed my eyes, I could feel a headache forming. This was going to be a long trip.