Old friend

Daisy/Skye POV

I could not help but to hum to myself as I was walking down the corridors of the Avengers towers, I could not remember the last time I was this happy for Christmas. The whole tower was covered with Christmas decorations, having a feeling this was a doing between Clint and Pepper. The closer I got to the big living room the louder the Christmas music become.

Stopping in the door opening I had to bite my lip from laughing at the sight in front of me. Pepper and Tony were arguing quietly in one corner, Natasha had been pulled into helping Clint put up a mistletoe while Steve and Bruce were making sure the lights on the Christmas tree were all working right. Hearing May walk up beside me I glanced over to look at her.

May just lift an eyebrow towards me before she reached my side, rolling her eyes as she saw what was happening in the room in front of her. "Does this happen often?" May asked in a low voice and I nodded my head. "Far too often really. However, it seems calmer now." I told her, turning my eyes back to look in front of me.

"Sir, visitors are coming up in the elevator." Jarvis suddenly said, making everyone stop. "Visitors? I thought everyone was already here?" Tony commented, looking around himself as he did a head count. "Which floor are they one right now?" Steve asked, and I could see that he was getting ready if needed.

"Wow! This place is enormous!" A female voice suddenly called out. "On this floor." Jarvis answered Steve's question. "That voice sounds familiar." I mumbled to myself, turning around to head for the elevator. Hearing how the others were following after.

My eyes grow big at the sight in front of me. Two ladies were looking around themselves at the decorations, the one that was slightly younger had a big grin on her face. "I can't believe my very own eyes. Darcy Lewis!" I called out, making the young woman turn around.

"You!" She called out in surprise, smiling big as she walks over. "I didn't think you would see your face again. Not in a place like this!" Darcy commented, rolling my eyes I pulled her into a hug. "Good to see you Darc." I told her. "And I have found out my real name, it's Daisy Johnson." I then whispered into her ear.

Darcy quickly push me back, her eyes wide with surprise. "No way!" She said before turning her head towards the other woman for a few seconds before looking back at me again. "Like in?" She then asked, pointing towards the other woman. Rolling my eyes, I just nod my head.

"Why didn't you call me Dee? If I had known, you were the one I would have come over with Jane the first time around!" Darcy points out, poking me in the chests and I just shake my head. "How should I have known you worked for Dr. Foster." I pointed out, and Darcy nodded her head.

"True, very true." She answered waving her hand a little and I just rolled my eyes. "Jane, what are you doing here?" I then asked, looking passed Darcy. "Agent Hill called, said you needed help and the only way to reach Thor..." Jane started to explain as she walked forward.

"Is to call you, classic Maria. Well you guys are just in time for some food." I told them with a smile, only to hear someone cough behind me. Turning my head to look around I could see the Avengers alongside Pepper and May looking at us.

"Right... introductions. Well most of you already know Dr. Jane Foster, Thor's lady friend." I pointed out, only adding the Thor's lady friend for May. "And I presume Miss Darcy Lewis hasn't gone unnoticed either." I then added, seeing how my team nodded their heads and the grin Darcy had.

"Alright then." I said, completely ignoring Darcy's grin. "Jane, Darcy. You guys already know the Avengers and Pepper. This on the other hand." I started to explain before taking a step back, putting my hand on May's shoulder. "Is agent Melinda May, she is the team leader of the S.H.I.E.L.D team I'm helping out at the time being." I continued to explain.

"Well then, that should be it..." I then started to say, only to be interrupted. "Hold it! There is one question I want to have an answer to." May said, her eyes narrowed, and I could see the rest of the team nod their heads. "And that is?" I asked, swallowing down the lump that was in my throat.

"Why would Maria say that you need help?" May answered, crossing her arms as she did. "Wait... That's the question we want an answer to?" Tony suddenly asked before I had the time to answer, all eyes were on him now. "Yes, what did you expect?" Clint asked him, lifting one eyebrow.

"I was wondering about the fact how Daisy seems to know Miss Lewis this well, because I have a bad feeling about the outcome of them spending too much time together." Tony explained, making half of the team roll their eyes.

"He does have a point in that question to." Natasha pointed out and got a thumbs up from Tony. Rolling my eyes, I took a deep breath to calm down a little. "Alright, I'll tell you. However, can we take this talk in the living room instead of standing in the middle of a hallway?" I asked them.

Seeing that they all nodded their heads I start to walk into the living room, sitting down in the first couch I could get to. The rest of the group slowly took their seats, all eyes on me once more.

"The reason as to why Maria thought I could use with help from Thor is quite easy." I started to explain once everyone was sitting down. "We have reason to believe that my powers have grown stronger." I then told them.

"How much?" Bruce asked, and I looked at him. "We are not sure, that is why we need to do a proper check on my powers when I'm here. Having Thor here that understands a bit more about all of this will just help us in the big run." I answered him, and Bruce nodded his head.

"You got powers?" Darcy asked, and I nodded my head. Holding out my hand I started to make the floor vibrate in the room. Seeing the smile from Darcy I stopped once more. "Well then, the story between you and Darcy?" Tony then asked, rolling my eyes as I leaned back.

"Darcy and I used to be neighbors once upon a time, it wasn't for long but long enough." I started to explain. "Understatement of the year." Darcy mumbled, I sent her a warning before I started talking once more.

"Darcy was the only one in that school I managed to get along with well." I said only to be interrupted by Darcy once more. "That's not what our teachers thought." She said with a laughter, shaking my head I could not help but to smile.

"I tried to spend as much of my time at Darcy's place throughout the month that I lived with that family. Once they decided I wasn't a good fit and sent me back to St Agnes, Darcy and I had already managed to figure out how we were going to keep in contact. Something we have been doing ever since, meeting up whenever we are in the same city and so on." I finished telling, I could feel how May was looking at me with narrowed eyes.

I knew she hadrealized what I had not said and knowing there would be talk about that in the future. "Haven't seen Daisy in a while now so this was a great surprise. However, I wish to know exactly where you have been and why you haven't answered on my texts." Darcy commented, and I nodded my head.

"Yeah, I figure that would come." I told her with a smile and Darcy rolls her eyes. "So, trouble?" Tony asked, looking around himself. "Trouble." Darcy, Natasha, Clint, May and myself answered him at the same time. "How about we eat something before you guys start something up?" Pepper asked. however, it felt more like an order.