Asgardian Symbols

~Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Season 1 Episode 8. The Well~

Daisy/Skye POV

I was standing in front of the table in the common room, my hands moving swiftly over the screen as I was working. Since it was just me and May on the floor, Fitz down in the Lab and Simmons, Ward and Coulson were out in the field I had taken of the mask.

It was feeling a bit odd to have it off in the middle of the BUS, however, May was standing in the door opening. Keeping one eye on what I was doing and one eye on the stairs, in case Fitz where to walk up.

We could hear everything the rest of the team was saying through the coms, I was only half listening to it all. I had to try to find anything, anything at all. But it was hard, National Parks didn't really have any security cameras that one could hack into if needed.

Having one of the screens monitoring the news was just what I needed. Not long after we had land, came the news. That really was of use. "Anything that might help us to find these people or where they might be hiding?" I could hear Coulson asking.

"Sir, doesn't look like they are hiding." I told them over the com system and I could feel May walking up beside me. "Sending to your devices now." I then added as I was working on the screen.

"... Raiding has left 20 injured, 3 in critical condition. Reports indicate that the group, of about a dozen was led by this man and woman, and though their motive was unclear, their message was hauntingly spelled out in the streets of Oslo." A woman was reporting and on the different screens, the agents could see the destruction that had happened and the message that had been left burning on the streets.

"We are Gods." I read out loud when I saw it. "Well, I guess we know who they think they are." I could hear Coulson say over the com system. "Johnson, find out who they are. We are coming back to the bus." Coulson then added and I looked quickly towards May. "Copy that." I answered him before I got back to work, this time it was much easier to find out who these two people are.

"What do you think, suit up or not?" I asked May as I was working, feeling her eyes on me once more. "I have a feeling Philip Coulson wants to keep me on this plane for some reason." I then added, knowing May would not answer me anyway. "He will come around, you are a wild card at the moment. Just as you were the last time and neither he or the others were so happy with that outcome." May answered and I could not help but to roll my eyes.

"Yeah, well. At least you know why I'm still surprised that you read to the end of the letter." I told her and I turn my head towards her and I could see a ghost of a smile at that. "Seems like you have a hit." She then said, nodding towards the big screen. With a small shake of my head, I turned back to look at the screen. "Well, I'm taking this with me downstairs then. The rest of the team is just a few minutes out anyway." I told her before I activated the mask once more.

As I walked down the stairs to head towards the lab, the black SUV drove up the ramp. The door opened and Coulson looked towards me. "Found anything?" He asked and I nod my head. "I have put all of it down to the system in the lab." I answered pointing towards the doors behind me.

"Ward, Simmons you will follow with Johnson. I need to make a phone call." Coulson ordered as he looked back at Ward and Simmons. "May can give you a quick update on what I found." I told Coulson before I turned around and walked into the lab.

Fitz looked up as I entered, and I could hear both Ward and Simmons were following me. I walked right up to the hollow table and started to work, two pictures with names showed names. "Jakob Nystrom, 30. Girlfriend, Petra Larsen. Leaders of a Norse Paganist hate group. And their numbers are growing, thanks to what happened in Greenwich and thanks to the internet." I explained, my back towards them.

"Norse Paganist?" I could hear Simmons asks behind me and I turned around to face them. "Obsessed with anything derived from Norse mythology... Stories of Asgard. And now a weapon." I told her and I nodded my head towards the 3-D model that was laying in front of us all.

"The scan only accounted for one side. Too much damage to the tree for complete repro." Fitz started to explain as he lifted up the 3-D model. "But see here... It's clearly broken on both ends." Simmons added in and she pointed at the ends of the 3-D model.

"So, there are more pieces?" Ward asked as he leaned towards the table. My eyes were resting on the 3-D model, in a try to figure out the symbols. "Yeah. Two at least." I could hear Fitz stating the obvious. "Which means Sid and Nancy may be looking for a complete set." Ward simply said, ignoring Fitz little comment.

"And the markings?" He then asked, just as the lab doors opened, Coulson and May walking in to join them. "The Asgardian symbolism. Hard to translate with our limited knowledge." Coulson explained as he walked towards us all.

"Maybe you should give your friend God of thunder a shout." I commented as I looked towards him and May. "I already did. Director Fury told me he's off the grid. And if he has a cellphone, we don't have the number." Coulson comment. "Yeah, I know." I whispered in Mandarin and I could feel May giving me a look.

The rest of the team gave me an odd look but I simply shrug at it. "Anyway, S.H.I.E.L.D.'s investigations are on the trail of Nystrom and his followers. We're charged with identifying the object and find any other pieces before they do." Coulson added and my eyes were on the 3-D model once more.

"They seem to have some advantage. They found this thing in 150 square kilometers of Norwegian forest." Ward points out. "What if it calls to them." I whispered, not really meaning the words to get out of my mouth but the room grow quiet and all eyes were on me.

"Called to them." I could hear May repeat, making me look away from the 3-D model. "I mean, we know it's Asgardian, so the rules are a little bendy." I answered the unasked question that was hanging in the air. "Just because we don't understand something yet doesn't mean we should regress back to the dark ages, talking about magic and fairy tales." Simmons commented but my eyes were on the 3-D model again.

"It happens." My voice low once more, and I'm sure May was the only one that heard. Since she was the only one looking at me. But my mind was already far off, memories from the lab three months playing in my head. The chamber, the Diviner, the crystal inside. Deep down I could feel how it had been calling me but I had managed to stand my ground, not that it had helped.

However, I was pulled out of my own mind when there was suddenly a hand on my shoulder and I jumped to the side, turning around as I did. May was standing beside me, a hint could be seen in her eyes. "Come on, you go up the cockpit and sit down, I will be up with some tea. We need to head for Spain, Coulson thinks he knows someone there that might be able to help us." May's voice was low as she was talking to me and I nod my head.

I looked around myself only to realize everyone else had returned to work once more. I took a deep breath and started to head out from the lab and up to the cockpit. "This is going to be a long day." I told myself in a low voice as I was walking.