Not according to plan

Daisy/Skye POV

"The one on the left is Akela Amador's. Hayward's is on the right." Fitz started to say, pointing towards the screen where two photos were showing. "Now, his prosthetic was slightly damaged, but based on digital reconstruction, we can now confirm that the technology is virtually identical." Fitz continued, looking back at the rest of us.

"Hayward's prosthetic has the same internal power source, backscatter capabilities, and biomechanics as Amador." He then added. "So, Centipede also designed the eye implant?" Ward asked, and Fitz nodded his head. "These guys are serious multitaskers." I could not help but to mumble to myself, I could feel how May looked at me when she heard it.

"Who's Akela Amador?" Mike then asked, looking around himself. "Former S.H.I.E.L.D. agent, the first person we encountered with this eye technology, a good agent who was forced to do some bad things. We helped her." Coulson explained, and Mike nodded his head.

"Kind of a pattern with you guys. So then..." Mike then started to say, only to groan a little when he tried to move. "Those soldiers at the warehouse were forced to attack us through that eye thing?" He the continued to ask, only to have Coulson nod his head once more.

"They were getting orders. When the tide turned in our favour, Centipede flipped Hayward's kill switch, told the other guys to run." He explained, turning his head to look at Fitz once more. "Can you track the eye feed like before, find their location?" He then asked.

"Nope ... they've upgraded since Amador. Their feed's untraceable now." Fitz explained with a shake of his head. "Their technology keeps advancing at a disturbingly rapid pace. They must have endless manpower, resources." Simmons pointed out. "And someone with a fat wallet." I could not help but to say.

"Po's the strategist. Raina's the recruiter. Perhaps this Clairvoyant's the money." May guessed, a few heads nodded in agreement to that. "Whoever's behind them may or may not be psychic, but they're one step ahead of us every time. I need to update HQ. This is bigger than we thought." Coulson pointed out with a deep sigh. "You are all dismissed for now." He then added before walking out from the command centre.

The team slowly left the command centre, all of them heading in to different direction. Standing still for a few minutes I started to follow May to the cockpit. Seeing that the door was still open I could not help but to smile, walking inside I closed it behind me and deactivated the mask.

"How are you keeping up?" May asked without even looking towards me. "Still want to be out there to help, to protect." I answered as I walked over to the co-pilot seat. "Don't say that I'm helping out and protecting from the BUS because it doesn't feel that way. Mike got badly hurt and so could the rest of you, if I had been there the chances would have been even smaller." I then added before May had a chance to answer me.

Glancing to the side I could see how May was looking at me with an odd expression on her face. "What?" I asked her, fully turning my head towards her. "It's nothing." May answered as she turned her eyes towards the sky in front of them. "No, it's something. What is it?" I pressured, crossing my arms in the progress.

"You just sounded like Natasha when she was not allowed out in the field." May then told me and I could not help but to smile. "Well, what can I say? I love my crazy aunt." I answered, making May snort at that. "Don't let her hear that." May pointed out and I rolled my eyes. "Please, I'm not Stark. I actually value my life." I told her, I could not help but to smile at it all.

May shook her head at that, a smile had managed to find its way to her lips. "Everyone is needed in the command centre, now!" Coulson's voice then said over the intercom, making me and May look at one another once more. "This doesn't sound good." I commented as I activated the mask once more and May put the BUS on autopilot.