Back at 616

Daisy/Skye POV

I drove after May, up on the bus and I could not help but to feel a bit at home. However I quickly abounded that feeling when I saw that Coulson, Ward and FitzSimmons were standing in front of the lab doors waiting for us.

I slowly put my MC to the side as I could see May jumping out of the SUV. "May." Coulson said and I could hear him walking over towards us. "Coulson, this is Agent Johnson. Apparently, Fury had given her the wrong time for our meet up." May said and nodded her head towards me.

I slowly turned around and looked at him, I nodded my head in a greeting and I could see that Ward and FitzSimmons walked over to us too. The moment Simmons saw my wounds she was fast by my side as she tried to take a closer look.

I swiftly slapped away her hands and took a step back. "I'm more than fit to take care of those myself." I said in Mandarin and I could feel that Coulson, May and Ward were looking at me.

Simmons blinked in confusion before she turns her head towards May. "She said she can take care of her wounds herself. But I'm to help her, don't worry about that." May said and she looked over at me before she nodded her head towards the lab.

I nod back and walked past the group towards the lab doors, May followed right behind me. "Since when do you speak Mandarin?" May asked me as I was taking off the special made gloves. "I took a few classes when I was younger but it wasn't until now that I have really learned it. I also speak Russian and I'm learning German at the moment." I answered May who nodded her head and turned around to get what was needed.

I could hear that the door to the lab opened, but I only ignored it. I knew no one on the team had any idea of what it what May and I was saying. I started to take off the jacket, so that May would have an easier time cleaning my wounds.

The only thing was I had forgotten about the scars that were covering my arms and back, they had just become a part of me and I never had to worry about hiding them at home. But now I got a painful reminder that not everyone knows about my fate.

A big gasp could be heard from behind me and I turn my head around. Simmons was looking at me with big eyes and her hands were covering her mouth, I guess she was the one who had let out the gasp. I could see that Ward was looking at my scars, Fitz didn't really know where to watch and Coulson's eyes were filled with sympathy.

I could hear something dropping beside me and I turned to see May looking at me with big eyes. But her eyes were soon narrowed and she stepped towards me. "Out with it. Now!" May said and I swallowed a little and I took a step back. "Well..." I started to say, however, I stopped to take a deep breath. My decision on returning to my team started to feel like a big mistake after all. "Johnson, out with it!" May said once more, she was now standing in front of me.

I took one more deep breath before I looked at May. "What do you think happen?" I said, not able to stop myself. I could see May narrowing her eyes even more, and I could not help but to lower my head. I knew I was out on deep water here but I didn't want to have this talk with May in front of the old team.

May did not move her eyes from me and I let out a deep sigh. "Just patch up my new wounds and I will tell you about the old ones when we are not surrounded by extra ears." I said in Mandarin once more and May just nodded her head. "Everyone out!" she ordered to the rest of the team as she looked at them with narrowed eyes.

The team looked at one another but then Coulson started to push FitzSimmons out from the lab and Ward followed them. "I wonder what has happened to her." Simmons said in a low voice, I think she tried to make her voice so low that I would not hear what she said. May was bowing down to pick up the things she had dropped on the floor and she gave me a look.

I sat down in one of the chairs and May started to clean up my new wounds. "So?" she asked once more as she was working. "I was kidnapped when I was on my way to the airport in Hong Kong." I replied, keeping talking in Mandarin, I knew the team would be trying to listen in. After all, that was what they did and if I was talking in Mandarin it would take them some time to figure out what I was talking about.

I could feel how May stopped working for a few seconds before she started once more. "How long?" May asks. "I don't know. They put me through some sort of transformation, I'm not even sure what I was. The only thing I remember was this weird mist, my body is covered in some sort of cocoon. Before I knew it the building I was trapped in was tumbling down over me. Everything went black and when I woke up again the Avengers had found me." I explained making a small face when I felt a stinging sensation from one of the wounds.

"And that little stunt you pulled towards the super soldier?" May asked, and I could not help but to smile a little. "Well, I have powers now. Quite useful won't you say?" I replied, now speaking in English once more. May just shook her head and fixed up the last wound. "Done." She informed, I nodded my head in thanks and I carefully pulled on my jacket once more.

"What now?" She asked me. I bowed down and opened my bag taking out the file that Fury had given me, handing them over to May. "I'm thinking of heading up my old bunk to sleep a little, you should read up on what cover Fury has put me under so that you will know if I start acting more odd than normal." I replied and I turned around, starting to walk towards the doors.

I walked out from the lab before May had a chance to say something else and walked up the stairs. At least I had one person on this plane that would be by my side if something were to happen. That made this decision feel a little better.