Knock Knock

Melinda May POV

Once the BUS was down on land again I found myself standing between the two teams. I had Coulson, Fitz and Simmons to my right and the Avengers to the left. “According to Maria, she and Fury are about two hours out.” Natasha told us as she put down her phone on the table, nodding my head I kept my eyes on the screen. “Alright then, Natasha, Clint, Steve and Tony. You four will come with me.” I started to say, and the four Avengers nodded their head at the same time. “Bruce, Pepper and Simmons, make sure that med bay is ready for when we return back. We have no idea of what can have happened to her.” I then continued to say and I received a head nod from the three of them.

“I will pull out her old medical file too.” Bruce said and I nod my head before looking towards Coulson and Fitz. “You two...” I started to say. “Run back end and welcome Fury and Maria here if they get here before you get back.” Fitz finish for me, I nod my head once more. “The kid learns fast.” Tony commented only to have Pepper hit him. However, the proud smile on Fitz face told that he was quite happy with the comment from Tony. “Well then, what are you guys waiting for? Let’s get a move on!” I told them all before I turned around and headed for my bunk. “I want your four asses down in the hangar within 10 minutes.” I then called out to Natasha, Clint, Steve and Tony before I left the room.

After a quick change I was down at the hangar within 5 minutes, to my surprise Natasha, Clint, Steve and Stark were already there waiting for me. “Well, get into the car.” I told them and I could not help but to smile a little at that. Walking down to the car I jumped into the driver seat, Natasha took the co driver seat as the three boys jumped in to the back. Seeing Coulson and Fitz standing on the cat walk I gave them a nod before I started to back out form the hangar.

“So, do we have any plan on what we will do once we get there?” Steve asked after a couple of minutes. “I’m saying that we go in hard, take out anyone we meet and get our girl back.” Clint answered him. “I’m all in favour for that idea.” Tony added as he holds up his hand and I could see how Steve was looking at us from the mirror. “Don’t look at us, you should know better than that.” Natasha answered the unasked question in his eyes as he looked at us.

“Stay low, go fast.” I started to say and I could see how both Natasha and Clint started to smile. “Kill first, die last.” Natasha continued. “One shot, one kill.” Clint added with a big smile. “Not luck, all skill.” We then said together and I could see how Steve and Tony looked at one another. “Alright then, go in hard it is.” Steve than said with a sigh and Clint nodded his head. “You’ll get the hang of it Steve.” Clint told him, and I could not help but to roll my eyes at that.

30 minutes later I stopped the car a few hundred meters away from the building that Daisy was being kept in. “Natasha and I will take the back door, who wants to knock on the front door?” I asked as I jumped out of the door and I could not help but to roll my eyes when I saw the smile on Tony’s face. “Alright, how about this, Steve you will go with Stark and Clint...” I told them. “Stay high and make sure no one sneaks up on you.” Clint finished with a grin and I nodded my head. “Right, let’s move out.” I told them all before we split up.

“You really think it’s a good idea to let Tony do the knocking?” Natasha asked me in a low voice as we were sneaking around the building in a try to find another way in. “If anything he will drag everyone to the front door. Beside he has Steve and Clint with him.” I pointed out, only to have Natasha look at me with one eyebrow up. “Did you have any better idea on how to make a scene?” I asked Natasha with a roll of my eyes and she shook her head. “That’s what I thought.” I told her before stopping, Natasha stopped beside me, and I nod my head towards a door. “Bingo.” Natasha said as we started to move towards it.

“Now the only thing we need too...” I started to say only to be interrupted by a lard bang. “KNOCK, KNOCK!” I could hear Tony call out just before multiply shootings could be heard. “You were about to say something?” Natasha asked with a smile and I rolled my eyes. “Just open up the door please.” I told her, and Natasha nodded her head. Walking towards the door she put on a small bomb right at the lock. The two of us took a few steps back and turned our backs towards the door just in time for Natasha to activate the small bomb. With a small bang the door was now open for us and looking towards Natasha I nodded my head.

“Let’s get our girl back.” Natasha pointed out with a head nod of her own and we headed in to the building. The fight between Tony, Steve and who ever had taken Daisy could be heard from the other end of the building. “So I guess we will not find Daisy down that way.” Natasha commented, and I nodded my head at that. “This way.” I said with a nod of my head and we headed down another corridor. A few minutes of walking we ended up running into more soldiers, looking at Natasha we started to walk directly towards them, weapons pulled and ready for action.

Within seconds Natasha and I were standing surrounded with out-cold soldiers around our feet. “Is it just me or are they getting easier to take care off?” Natasha asked, and I just rolled my eyes. “Come on, let’s find Daisy so that we can get out of here.” I told her as I started to move once more, Natasha following after me within a few seconds. “This looks like the place.” Natasha pointed out after 5 minutes of walking around the building. She had stopped right in front one of the doors and I walked up to her.

The fighting had calmed down and I guess that Steve, Tony and Clint would soon be joining us. Natasha and I had taken care of the few people that were still in the building. “Well, it is the last place so let’s hope for the best.” I told her as I walked up to stand beside the door, holing up my gun. Natasha nodded her head, lifting her left hand towards the door handle and her gun ready in her right. Taking a deep breath, she slowly opened up the door and we both entered the empty room with guns at the read.

At first look the room did look empty, that was before we really had time to take a proper look around. “Daisy!” I called out the moment my eyes landed on the young sleeping agent. “Daisy, come on sweetheart wake up!” I told her, putting one hand on Daisy’s shoulder and shake them. “Daisy, it’s time to wake up!” I said once more when I didn’t get any reaction out from her. Looking down on her I started to release her from the restrains that were keeping her to the table, feeling how my own hands were shaking as I did it.

“Her gauntlets are still intact. However, they have fully destroyed her mask.” I could hear Natasha tell me and I turned my head to the side to look at her real quick. “Get the boys, the faster we can get out of here the better.” I told her, and Natasha nodded her head, running out from the room. “Daisy, I need you to wake up for me.” I told Daisy once more only to end up with no answer once more. Running feet were coming towards the room and I quickly turned around, gun pointing towards the door. “Wow! Easy now, it’s just us!” Natasha called out the moment she entered the room and sees the gun.

Lowering the gun I could not help but to let out a sigh of relief. “How is she?” Natasha asked as she walked deeper into the room, the three boys followed after her only to stop when they see Daisy. “Can’t get her to wake up.” I answered her, and Natasha nodded her head before turning around. “Steve, would you mind?” She asked, and I could see how Steve shook his head before he walked towards us, carefully he picks up Daisy bride style way before turning around once more. “I'll lead us out.” Natasha said before heading out from the room and we all followed after her.

Once back at the car I let Natasha drive us back to the BUS, sitting beside Steve in the back as Clint took the co driver seat. Reaching the BUS, I could see another S.H.I.E.L.D SUV pulling up beside us, Fury and Maria were quickly out from the car. “Take Daisy directly to the med bay, just make sure you have her face facing you at the time being. It’s still her decision if Coulson, Simmons or Ward should know the truth.” I told Steve who nodded his head. Carefully lifting up Daisy in his arms once more we left the car.