At the end of the year

Daisy/Skye POV

"Happy New Year Fitz!" I said once I heard him answer my call, only to hear him laugh on the other end of the line. "Well, happy New year to you too." Fitz answered. I had managed to escape from the last minute decoration that was happening.

Standing out on the balcony I could see how Tony was ordering around a few of the members of the house and the few friends that had already shown up what to do. Shaking my head I listen to the background nice from Fitz call.

It was then that I heard a familiar female voice talking. "Is that Simmons I hear?" I asked, smiling to myself at that. Hearing how Fitz tried to come up with something to say I just rolled my eyes. "The truth please." I told him, and I could hear how Fitz let out a sigh.

"Yes, that was Simmons." Fitz then said, and I laugh a little. "Well that is cute. Tell her I said hi later on." I told him. "I can do that. What about you? How are you spending the last few hours in the year?" Fitz then asked and I lowered my head a little.

"I'm waiting for Darcy to be done so that she can drag me to the Stark Tower for a party." I told him. "You are going to a Stark party!" Fitz called out in shock and I can't help but to smile. "Seems like it. Once Darcy has decided on something it's hard to change her mind about it." I answered him.

"Don't do anything stupid, we will have to head back for the BUS in just a day." Fitz told me. "I will, I think I rather want to remember a night like this." I told him, leaning back on the railing behind me. "Now tell me, how does the new year look like? Does it seem like it's going to be a better one?" I then asked, knowing it was a stupid question.

"So far everything is quite good, let's hope for the best, that it will be a good year." Fitz answered me, nodding my head a little at that I had a bad feeling about it all. Shaking my head, I could see that Darcy was waving towards me.

"Let's hope for that Fitz. However, Darcy just showed up so I guess I have to go. Don't forget to tell Simmons I said hi." I told him, moving away from the railing. "I will, don't drink too much and I'll see you back at the BUS in a few days." Fitz answered me before I ended the call.

"Come on Dee, time to get ready!" Darcy called out after opening the door. "On my way!" I told her, walking over I opened the door more to enter. "Who were you talking to?" Darcy asked, letting me in to the room.

"One of the very few members on May's team that knows who's hiding under the mask." I told her, and Darcy nodded her head. "Well then, get a move on. The faster we can start the better." Darcy pointed out and I just rolled my eyes.

-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-

"Well, well, well. What did you have to do to get away from work?" I asked, walking over to Maria with a smile. The woman in question looked up from the drink and smiled. "Nothing really, Fury told me to make sure you guys don't do anything stupid." Maria explained, and I rolled my eyes.

"Well, he is going to be into a big surprise this time around." I told her, leaning towards the bar with a smile. "What did you do?" Maria asked, lifting one eyebrow. "I may or may not have put an idea in their heads to give Fury a surprise with ending the year good and behave during a party." I told her, the smile turning into a grin.

Maria laugh a little at that with a shake of her head. "They don't realize what that means for parties to come then?" She asked, and I shook my head. "Not a clue." I answered. "Well then, let's see how this will end in the long round." Maria then added, making me laugh.

Looking around the room, my eyes soon landed on a blond woman. Lifting one eyebrow I looked at her, trying to figure out where I had seen her. As she turns around I starts to smile. "Now if you excuse me Maria, there is someone I just need to say hello to." I told her before I start moving towards the blond woman.

"Barbra Morse!" I called out, making the blond woman jump in surprise before turning around. "Dam it Daisy!" She called out once she saw me and I just smiled. "I did not expect to see you here Bobbi." I tell her, smiling big as I gave her a hug. "Clint invited me. He thought I could need something else to think of at the time." Bobbi explained, and I nodded my head.

"Well, you really have come to the right place then. Just don't let Stark talk you into something he thinks is a good idea." I told her, and Bobbi smiled. "So, it's the same rules that goes for Clint then." She then added, and I laugh. "It really is the same rules." Natasha explained as she walked over to us.

"And it's the same rules with you too." I told her only to get a glare back as an answer from Natasha. "Who else should I be keeping away from then?" Bobbi asked with a smile. "No, it's just those three. However, keep away from Natasha and Melinda once they have had a few rounds of vodka. And if you do not want to give anyone black mail on you..." I started to explain.

"Most likely Daisy herself." Natasha interrupted. "You should not join in on the truth or dare at the end of the party when the gang is really drunk. Because it doesn't end well." I continued to say, ignoring the comment Natasha had made. "It's seems a little bit tempting. However, I will keep your warning in mind." Bobbi said with a roll of her eyes.

Hearing someone calling out her name, the blonde agent turned around and started to walk away. "So, having fun?" Natasha asked, turning to look at me and I nodded my head. "So far, trying to keep away from all the craziest people." I answered her, and Natasha lifted one eyebrow. "And yet you are standing around here." She pointed out and I roll my eyes.

"Between you and Darc, you are suddenly quite normal." I pointed out nodding my head towards where Darcy was at that moment. Natasha turned to look at her and she couldn't help but to smile to. "I can see what you mean." Natasha said and I laughed. "How about we find that mother of yours to make sure she doesn't kill someone off." Natasha then added. and I nodded my head.

"I think the bar." I told her, and Natasha nodded her head. "That sounds about right." She answered me and we start to head for the open bar. Sure enough May was sitting there alongside Pepper and Jane. "I see I'm not the only one trying to hide." I commented as I sat down beside May who nodded her head. "I got to say I'm surprised. It has been a few hours already and look at him." Pepper started to say, nodding her head towards Tony.

"Normally he would be all over the place, having one crazy party idea after another." Pepper then continued to say with a shake of her head before she looks at me. "How did you manage this?" She then asked, and I smiled. "Said something about a surprised face from Fury." I answered her, Pepper shook her head before taking a sip from her drink.

"How you managed to do things like this are still a mystery." Pepper then pointed out, and I laughed a little. "Well, let's hope no one gets the idea to give Tony more alcohol and we will all be fine." I answered, and Pepper nodded her head. "You mean someone like Darcy?" Jane asked, and I looked at her with a rise eyebrow.

Jane nodded towards Tony once more and I turned my head to see that Darcy was walking towards Tony, with the smile on her face. I knew she was up to no good. "Great, this will end badly." I commented as I stood up, taking a deep breath and getting ready to walk over to them.

"Stay, you need rest. I'll find a way to deal with that crazy friend of yours." Natasha told me, and I smiled towards her. "Thank you Tasha." I told her before sitting back down once more. Natasha nodded her head, and she started to walk over to Tony and Darcy, dragging Clint with her when she walked passed him.

"You are not worried leaving those four together?" May asked, lifting one eyebrow and I could not help but to nod my head. "That is why I'm about to do this." I told her before waving over Steve to us. "Hello ladies." Steve said once he was standing in front of us. "Hi there Steve, mind doing be a big favor?" I asked him, and Steve nodded his head. However, I could see that he was a bit worried over what it could be.

"Make sure neither of them destroy anything or drink too much." I told him, pointing towards Tony, Darcy, Natasha and Clint. "Take as many people you liked with you so that you can complete your task." I then added, and Steve just shook his head. "I think I know what to do." Steve just answered before he walked over to them. "Good thing he can't get drunk." I comment after Steve walked away, turning around towards the bar myself.

"Why?" Jane asked, looking at me out of curiosity. "Because who else would be able to keep those four from doing something stupid and still have a very clear head of what they are doing?" I asked with a smile, making May, Jane and Pepper shake their head. "That is indeed true." Pepper commented and we all turned our head to see Steve work.